T-SB 0305-08 Harsh Ride

Old 07-11-2010, 12:47 AM   #1
charliedelta
charliedelta is on a distinguished road
Air Force: 1722 CCS  McChord AFB, WA
Name: Don
charliedelta's Tacoma Gallery
T-SB 0305-08 Harsh Ride

Will Toyota replace the leaf springs even if they find nothing wrong with them? The reason why I'm asking the question is this bulletin addresses a harsh ride and suggests the leaf springs be replaced on 2009 Tacomas which I have. I've read more than once someone has taken their truck to the dealer only to be told they were not fixing the problem because the dealer checked it out and said there wasn't a problem. I think if Toyota released a service bulletin that means a problem exists and if someone takes their truck to the dealer then they should replace the leaf springs no questions asked. Id appreciate some thoughts on the matter. Thanks
Old 07-11-2010, 01:04 AM   #3
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
Have any problem lying? A sure way (worked for me) and I'm thinking others have their ways, If you have a tow package, tell them your buddy's truck (Ford Ranger or whatever comparable in size) broke down and you had to help him out. He had a trailer on that had two quads (short weight). You put the trailer on your truck and couldn't believe how much it sagged and you were very uncomfortable with the way the truck swayed and handled on the road/highway. It is so much of a safety concern to you and that you are disgusted that his Ranger pulled better with zero complaints than a Tacoma. PUSH THE SAFETY CONCERN. It doesn't have to hit the bump stops to be a problem. If you don't have a tow package, tell'm you hauled X amount of mulch for the house and you bought a truck for a truck use. If you wanted something with Corolla suspension, you would have bought a Corolla.

Easy squeezy cheesy.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:08 AM   #4
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
This is probably the most sought after TSB and there is tons of info around here if you want to spend the time searching and looking.

Here is a few places for you to start........
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...nsion-tsb.html

post #22 here, and follow the link in that thread to post #4, 5 and 6..........then follow links in those threads for all I've got to offer in info about the spring TSB.

enjoy...........
Old 07-11-2010, 01:11 AM   #5
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
you actually don't have to fight or lie. They may, and will give you a hard time, but all you do is say the magic words, "Harsh Ride"......and they will do it if you meet all qualifications............and if you read anything, make sure you read post #394.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:34 AM   #6
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't have to lie or fight for my TSB. I specifically told them I've read online that the springs are weak and I plan on hauling mulch in it and I wanted the TSB. They never hesitated.... that dealership is awesome and they're 30 miles from me (I bought the truck there). My local dealer sucks and why I never bothered to call them first.

Depends on the dealer.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:22 PM   #7
charliedelta
T-SB-0305-08 Harsh Ride

I bought my truck at Doxon Toyota in Auburn, WA. Does anyone have any intell about this dealer and the harsh ride TSB? Can any toyota dealer make this repair or do you have to go to the dealer you bought it from?
Old 07-11-2010, 08:38 PM   #8
charliedelta
Harsh Ride

Disregard my last post. I found some information on Doxon Toyota and the leaf spring replacement. Sounds like I will have my work cut out for me. I took my truck to Doxon before for the transmission TSB and had to go back because they told me nothing was wrong the first time. Thanks for the help everyone.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:28 AM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliedelta View Post
Disregard my last post. I found some information on Doxon Toyota and the leaf spring replacement. Sounds like I will have my work cut out for me.
I searched 'Doxon' in the link I gave you ablove for dealers that have done the TSB and this is what I found>> http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sea...earchid=872637

sounds like those guys didn't have much problem. Tell the dealer about these two guys when you go. pm them and find out who they dealt with at the dealership.

p.s. you can have any dealer do it for you