Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

What all do i need for Keyless Entry? PlZ Help

Old 07-14-2010, 09:24 AM   #1
JEA86 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeremy
JEA86's Tacoma Gallery
What all do i need for Keyless Entry? PlZ Help

I got a 2010 Toyota Tacoma Base model and i am really aggervated that it didnt come with Keyless entry,

so my question is, What all do i need to do to get Keyless OEM Entry on the Truck?

Do i just need a remote and a way to program or what?

I ahve searched but came up with little to nothing
Old 07-14-2010, 09:29 AM   #2
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
"it didn't come with it"..does that mean your truck has it and you didn't get the remote? or does not truck not have the feature? if it doesn't have the feature you're better off buying a 3rd party system..aaaand if you just need the remote pay $300 to your dealer and either sit in your driveway honking your horn trying to program it or pay them $100 to do it for you
Old 07-14-2010, 09:33 AM   #3
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Go to car sterio shop
Old 07-14-2010, 09:35 AM   #4
JEA86 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeremy
JEA86's Tacoma Gallery
yeah my truck "didnt come with it" so i guess i am looking at an aftermarket setup for the truck.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:43 AM   #5
mcluddy is on a distinguished road

Marines: SSgt HMH 466/HMM-163
mcluddy's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same truck 2010 access cab base with no keyless entry. Let me know which one you pick.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:52 AM   #6
Daudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Daudio's Tacoma Gallery
If you look around you should be able to get this for around $50-$75 online. Any decent shop will be able to install it for around $100 (assuming you have power door locks already.)

Old 07-14-2010, 09:54 AM   #7
sioux_hockey_guy has much to be proud ofsioux_hockey_guy has much to be proud ofsioux_hockey_guy has much to be proud ofsioux_hockey_guy has much to be proud ofsioux_hockey_guy has much to be proud ofsioux_hockey_guy has much to be proud ofsioux_hockey_guy has much to be proud ofsioux_hockey_guy has much to be proud of

sioux_hockey_guy's Tacoma Gallery
If you were considering ever getting a remote starter now would be the time to do it. Most all of them will lock/unlock your doors. My old 4Runner didn't have remote locks but once I had the starter installed I had the key;ess entry which was a bonus.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:57 AM   #8
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
I spent years pressing the lock button, walking away, then walking back to see if I pushed the dang button! Go with the two way alarm...it tells ur keys if its locked before u walk away. Auto page is what I went with...worth the extra money imo. Plus tons of adds like tailgate trigger, widow trigger , remote start , and thangs like that u can add later.