Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Centre Console Removal

Old 06-16-2008, 08:41 AM   #1
Mingy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMingy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMingy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMingy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMingy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMingy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMingy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMingy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMingy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMingy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMingy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Mingy's Tacoma Gallery
Centre Console Removal

I have a couple mods planned (I'll post) which require removal of the centre console. I've downloaded the manuals from the mods post, but I can't find the section which explains removal of trim, etc..

If anybody can point me in the direction of that section, or tell me how to remove the console, I'd appreciate it.

ps the mods are

1) addition of quad USB charge station (charge phone, etc, with USB cable)
(I did this on my 4 runner - it'll really handy)
2) addition of dual power outlets for rear seat for cooler, etc..

**** ooops **** redid search and found this answer from Homer
Here is a guide to install the URD shifter but it shows you how to take apart the center console.

http://www.gadgetonline.com/shifter.pdf

I must have miss spelled my search when I looked for remove cetre console
I'd still like the missing section of the manual, though
Old 09-21-2008, 07:59 AM   #2
What's all this, then?
atebit will become famous soon enoughatebit will become famous soon enough

Army: Defend and Serve
atebit's Tacoma Gallery
This guide is for a manual...has anyone tried this with an automatic? Does the piece where the auto shifter is lift out the same way as the cupholder in the manual?
Old 09-21-2008, 08:10 AM   #3
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
I'm sure it can't be too difficult. I'm pretty sure I remembered seeing a few screw tabs inside the storage compartment on my auto... I'm sure if you just take it slow and look at it, shouldn't be to hard.
I do like your ideas of the charge station/extra power. Didn't think about it for a cooler and such... nifty idea.