Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Low Fuel TSB

Old 07-16-2010, 06:40 AM   #1
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
Low Fuel TSB

I was driving along, and suddenly I had an intuitive feeling that told me to look at the gas gauge…I’m good like that sometimes. Well, sure enough, it was almost on ‘E’!! This is bullshat man!! I put $2 worth in just 4-5 days ago!!
Now, I know what you’re thinking, and no, I’m not an idiot, in fact, I do all my own dental work down in my basement using only the best Craftsman tools.
Naturally, I realized that if I ran out of gas, I could potentially be involved in a life threatening accident and/or spill my mocha-chino, and who's fault would that be?? You got it...Toyota's!!
Anyway, I immediately pulled over and called Toyota’s corporate offices and demanded to speak to the president.
Can you believe it?? Those fakkers refused to even let me speak with him when they heard my complaint!! I’ve been researching this issue online for the past 3 days with no sleep, and I can’t find a single TSB about the low fuel issue. So, I guess my question is, should I get color matched wiper blades to prevent this from happening again?
Old 07-16-2010, 07:01 AM   #2
Dimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
Dimonback's Tacoma Gallery
Good post...
Old 07-16-2010, 07:19 AM   #6
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post

Also - our windows don't taste as good as the ones in my old Ford when I lick them.
I know, right?? Bastids!!
Old 07-16-2010, 07:25 AM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
The Low Fuel TSB is another thing that is going to remain ignored on Toyotas end. I had the sudden acceleration problem, when I jambed my foot down on the throttle. Sure enough, the truck shot forward, and accelerated without regard! I have sent multiple E-mails to them, with no response. NOW, I have to worry about my fuel running low??? This is BS! Im beginning to miss my Dodge. Sure parts randomly fell off of it, but none of this BS happened! Hell! When I planted my foot on the throttle, the truck causeually scooted forward! Never caused any fear of loss of control. ANd the fuel gauge ALWAYS stayed on "Full", as it was broken. You would think Toyota would install some sort of prevention device to not allow a low fuel condition to happen! Good to hear your OK!
Old 07-16-2010, 08:00 AM   #9
jodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonah
jodiddly33's Tacoma Gallery
To answer the OP's question, yes the colored wipers will work, as I am experiencing the same issue. Red worked well for me, but I am on my way back to the professionals at Autozone to also try blue and green. Hope this helps
Old 07-16-2010, 08:06 AM   #10
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Dude,

You need to contact customer support at this place:
http://kalecoauto.com/

They have a product called the 'Fuel Light Retarder' modification and its not listed on their website. I think its suppose to bypass the light and retard your fuel usage to prevent you from running out of gas. I read about it somewhere, but can't remember where.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:06 AM   #11
Rand Paul 2016
Chad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodiddly33 View Post
To answer the OP's question, yes the colored wipers will work, as I am experiencing the same issue. Red worked well for me, but I am on my way back to the professionals at Autozone to also try blue and green. Hope this helps
I think pink would look perfect!
Old 07-16-2010, 08:11 AM   #12
Nothing beats a Butter Shave..
Hipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant future

Name: Tom
Hipster's Tacoma Gallery
I have a problem with taking the Tacoma Off Road. The truck is not smooth in 4WD Low going up a hill. It should feel like I'm going down the highway at 65mpg.

There must be an Off Road TSB.

Also, the wife complains that the truck is going to tip over while performing said hill climb.

There must be a Wife TSB.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:38 AM   #13
Peru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud of
Peru's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe you need to grease the exaust bearings
Old 07-16-2010, 09:40 AM   #14
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroCooper View Post
I was driving along, and suddenly I had an intuitive feeling that told me to look at the gas gauge…I’m good like that sometimes. Well, sure enough, it was almost on ‘E’!! This is bullshat man!! I put $2 worth in just 4-5 days ago!!
Now, I know what you’re thinking, and no, I’m not an idiot, in fact, I do all my own dental work down in my basement using only the best Craftsman tools.
Naturally, I realized that if I ran out of gas, I could potentially be involved in a life threatening accident and/or spill my mocha-chino, and who's fault would that be?? You got it...Toyota's!!
Anyway, I immediately pulled over and called Toyota’s corporate offices and demanded to speak to the president.
Can you believe it?? Those fakkers refused to even let me speak with him when they heard my complaint!! I’ve been researching this issue online for the past 3 days with no sleep, and I can’t find a single TSB about the low fuel issue. So, I guess my question is, should I get color matched wiper blades to prevent this from happening again?
Old 07-16-2010, 09:41 AM   #15
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
sounds similar to microsofts fix for the red ring of death on the new xbox's. they simply didnt use red led's on the new ones...no more red ring
Old 07-16-2010, 09:58 AM   #16
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
There needs to be a steering TSB. When I quickly turn to the right on the freeway my truck swerves in to the next lane sometimes hitting people! This could seriously hurt someone! Today I am going to see if this applys when I turn quickly to the left.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:03 AM   #17
Sometimes when I'm going fast and I roll the windows all the way down, I hear a horrible wind noise, and I can actually feel wind blowing on me. Very annoying.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:27 AM   #18
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
I'm waiting for the muffler bearing TSB to come out. Mine have been making this awful noise and taste funny when I put my lips to the tailpipe.....WTF

Also - our windows don't taste as good as the ones in my old Ford when I lick them. Please Toyota put a different flavor in the glass.

I like eating Taco's
You should be happy my Nissan plastic is probably made from the same plastic used as baits in mouse traps.
Those little vermin's chew on my seat belts, plastic moldings and plastic HVAC components. Mouses get from the rear HVAC unit, chipmunks get from the front leaving poop, and half eaten acorns that then later roll inside zapping the blower.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:47 AM   #19
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Dude,

You need to contact customer support at this place:
http://kalecoauto.com/

They have a product called the 'Fuel Light Retarder' modification and its not listed on their website. I think its suppose to bypass the light and retard your fuel usage to prevent you from running out of gas. I read about it somewhere, but can't remember where.
A while back I got me some Blinker Fluid from them because they were making a funny ticking sound every time I used them. No shops around here carried it and they looked at me like I was some kind of idiot when I asked. That's a great website...definitely would do business with them again!

I'm currently saving up for one of these babies! http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...products_id=28
Old 07-20-2010, 01:36 PM   #20
Canadian Member
Scooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Scooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueT View Post
You should be happy my Nissan plastic is probably made from the same plastic used as baits in mouse traps.
Those little vermin's chew on my seat belts, plastic moldings and plastic HVAC components. Mouses get from the rear HVAC unit, chipmunks get from the front leaving poop, and half eaten acorns that then later roll inside zapping the blower.
Why doesn't Nissan issue a rodent TSB?