1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Low Fuel TSB

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by AeroCooper, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Jul 16, 2010 at 6:40 AM
    AeroCooper

AeroCooper [OP] Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2018 Barcelona Access Cab Off Road
    Remote start, tailgate inserts, nifty key fob case, Husky X-Act floor liners, AVS vent shades, bed mat, MX4 Tonneau cover, Tyger step rails
    I was driving along, and suddenly I had an intuitive feeling that told me to look at the gas gauge…I’m good like that sometimes. Well, sure enough, it was almost on ‘E’!! This is bullshat man!! I put $2 worth in just 4-5 days ago!!
    Now, I know what you’re thinking, and no, I’m not an idiot, in fact, I do all my own dental work down in my basement using only the best Craftsman tools.
    Naturally, I realized that if I ran out of gas, I could potentially be involved in a life threatening accident and/or spill my mocha-chino, and who's fault would that be?? You got it...Toyota's!!
    Anyway, I immediately pulled over and called Toyota’s corporate offices and demanded to speak to the president.
    Can you believe it?? Those fakkers refused to even let me speak with him when they heard my complaint!! I’ve been researching this issue online for the past 3 days with no sleep, and I can’t find a single TSB about the low fuel issue. So, I guess my question is, should I get color matched wiper blades to prevent this from happening again?

2. Jul 16, 2010 at 7:01 AM
    Dimonback

Dimonback Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Austin, Tx, from all over hell and back
    Vehicle:
    Geezer double cab w/ shell
    Good post...

3. Jul 16, 2010 at 7:04 AM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Your problem is putting too much gas in. $1.75 tops for our trucks.

4. Jul 16, 2010 at 7:05 AM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    And 93 octane only!

5. Jul 16, 2010 at 7:18 AM
    Scooter

Scooter Canadian Member

Member:
    Manitoba, Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab TRD Sport Short Box
    Pop n Lock Power Tailgate Lock, Bak Flip Tonneau Cover, Factory DLR installed, Defrost with A/C Off, EZ Down Tailgate Damper, Code Alarm Security System with Remote Starter, Rear Spring TSB, Ming rust proofing & paint treatment, 3M fabric protector, Cargo Mat, Scanguage II, DYI Illuminated 4X4 Switch, Versa-Gate box extender & cargo divider, Toyota Roof Rails, Grom USB Audio adapter with bluetooth, LED Bed lights, OEM Backup Camera with LCD Display Mirror
    :rofl:ROFL! Made my day.

6. Jul 16, 2010 at 7:19 AM
    AeroCooper

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    Remote start, tailgate inserts, nifty key fob case, Husky X-Act floor liners, AVS vent shades, bed mat, MX4 Tonneau cover, Tyger step rails
    I know, right?? Bastids!!

7. Jul 16, 2010 at 7:25 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    The Low Fuel TSB is another thing that is going to remain ignored on Toyotas end. I had the sudden acceleration problem, when I jambed my foot down on the throttle. Sure enough, the truck shot forward, and accelerated without regard! I have sent multiple E-mails to them, with no response. NOW, I have to worry about my fuel running low??? This is BS! Im beginning to miss my Dodge. Sure parts randomly fell off of it, but none of this BS happened! Hell! When I planted my foot on the throttle, the truck causeually scooted forward! Never caused any fear of loss of control. ANd the fuel gauge ALWAYS stayed on "Full", as it was broken. You would think Toyota would install some sort of prevention device to not allow a low fuel condition to happen! Good to hear your OK!

8. Jul 16, 2010 at 7:27 AM
    AeroCooper

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
  9. Jul 16, 2010 at 8:00 AM
    jodiddly33

jodiddly33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonah
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2010 Golf TDI
    To answer the OP's question, yes the colored wipers will work, as I am experiencing the same issue. Red worked well for me, but I am on my way back to the professionals at Autozone to also try blue and green. Hope this helps :eek:

10. Jul 16, 2010 at 8:06 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Dude,

You need to contact customer support at this place:
    http://kalecoauto.com/

They have a product called the 'Fuel Light Retarder' modification and its not listed on their website. I think its suppose to bypass the light and retard your fuel usage to prevent you from running out of gas. I read about it somewhere, but can't remember where. :thumbsup:

11. Jul 16, 2010 at 8:06 AM
    Chad

Chad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Access Cab TRD Sport
    Kenwood DMX-7704S Headunit -- Blackvue DR-470 Dashcam -- Pioneer TS-A1685R Speakers in Front -- Suntek CXP 40 Front Tint -- Access Vanish Roll-up Tonneau -- Wet Okole Seat Covers -- Fog Lights on Anytime -- PnL Powered Tailgate Lock -- DTRL "Stealth Mode" -- LED Footwell and Cup Holder Lights -- Map Lights ON with Dome Light -- Shorty Antenna -- AC Line Extension Mod -- Access Cab Rear Headrest Removal
    I think pink would look perfect!

12. Jul 16, 2010 at 8:11 AM
    Hipster

Hipster Nothing beats a Butter Shave..

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    '10 DC trd 4x4
    Billy's @ .85 w/ Eibachs front, TSB w/ 5100's rear + 1.5" AAL & shims, Debadged, Avid Bolt On Sliders, NFab Light Bar w/ (2) Lightforce 170's. Weathertechs, ATO bed bars.
    I have a problem with taking the Tacoma Off Road. The truck is not smooth in 4WD Low going up a hill. It should feel like I'm going down the highway at 65mpg.

There must be an Off Road TSB.

Also, the wife complains that the truck is going to tip over while performing said hill climb.

There must be a Wife TSB.

13. Jul 16, 2010 at 9:38 AM
    Peru

Peru Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Redmond WA
    Vehicle:
    SR5 -- V6 -- 2005 -- 4X4
    none
    Maybe you need to grease the exaust bearings

14. Jul 16, 2010 at 9:40 AM
    THXEY

THXEY Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    STi Short Shifter.OEM floor illumination kit. Rally Armor Mud Flaps. BC BR Coilovers. Invidia N1 Exhaust
    :laugh:

15. Jul 16, 2010 at 9:41 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    sounds similar to microsofts fix for the red ring of death on the new xbox's. they simply didnt use red led's on the new ones...no more red ring :D

16. Jul 16, 2010 at 9:58 AM
    BigRedToy

BigRedToy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    07 Regular Cab SR5 4x4
    There needs to be a steering TSB. When I quickly turn to the right on the freeway my truck swerves in to the next lane sometimes hitting people! This could seriously hurt someone! Today I am going to see if this applys when I turn quickly to the left.

17. Jul 16, 2010 at 10:03 AM
    AeroCooper

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    Sometimes when I'm going fast and I roll the windows all the way down, I hear a horrible wind noise, and I can actually feel wind blowing on me. Very annoying.

18. Jul 16, 2010 at 10:27 AM
    BlueT

BlueT Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorthEast
    Vehicle:
    07 Dbl Cab LB with LSD
    I moded 1999 Taco so much it had turned to Land Cruiser
    You should be happy my Nissan plastic is probably made from the same plastic used as baits in mouse traps.
    Those little vermin's chew on my seat belts, plastic moldings and plastic HVAC components. Mouses get from the rear HVAC unit, chipmunks get from the front leaving poop, and half eaten acorns that then later roll inside zapping the blower.
    :mad:

19. Jul 16, 2010 at 10:47 AM
    iSTIZO99

iSTIZO99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Jax, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC/SB
    A while back I got me some Blinker Fluid from them because they were making a funny ticking sound every time I used them. No shops around here carried it and they looked at me like I was some kind of idiot when I asked. That's a great website...definitely would do business with them again! :thumbsup:

I'm currently saving up for one of these babies! :drool: http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=28

20. Jul 20, 2010 at 1:36 PM
    Scooter

Scooter Canadian Member

Member:
    Manitoba, Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab TRD Sport Short Box
    Pop n Lock Power Tailgate Lock, Bak Flip Tonneau Cover, Factory DLR installed, Defrost with A/C Off, EZ Down Tailgate Damper, Code Alarm Security System with Remote Starter, Rear Spring TSB, Ming rust proofing & paint treatment, 3M fabric protector, Cargo Mat, Scanguage II, DYI Illuminated 4X4 Switch, Versa-Gate box extender & cargo divider, Toyota Roof Rails, Grom USB Audio adapter with bluetooth, LED Bed lights, OEM Backup Camera with LCD Display Mirror
    Why doesn't Nissan issue a rodent TSB?

Products Discussed in

To Top