Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Idea - Rear Window Defroster

Old 07-16-2010, 09:56 AM   #1
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
Idea - Rear Window Defroster

Since I have a sliding rear window I can't add a conventional wired aftermarket defroster to it. I did have this idea though, but I'm not sure exactly how to actually implement it. What if you could somehow effectively harness some of the forced hot air from the foot position and send it up tubes through the A and B pillars, under the roof lining, and then out through where the hangers are on the cab ceiling. Then have some sort of diffuser to fan the air down and out towards the rear window, thus creating a defroster of sorts.
Like I said, itís just a rough idea Iíve been mulling over, and thought Iíd put it out there in case someone has either done it or wants to figure it out and then post the results.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:44 AM   #2
usadventure is on a distinguished road
usadventure's Tacoma Gallery
Did you ever get feedback on your idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroCooper View Post
Since I have a sliding rear window I can't add a conventional wired aftermarket defroster to it. I did have this idea though, but I'm not sure exactly how to actually implement it. What if you could somehow effectively harness some of the forced hot air from the foot position and send it up tubes through the A and B pillars, under the roof lining, and then out through where the hangers are on the cab ceiling. Then have some sort of diffuser to fan the air down and out towards the rear window, thus creating a defroster of sorts.
Like I said, itís just a rough idea Iíve been mulling over, and thought Iíd put it out there in case someone has either done it or wants to figure it out and then post the results.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #3
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
Heh...two years later someone replies.

No, no feedback, but I discovered that in the Access cab it is not too much of an issue, especially with my heated side mirrors. I wonder how bad the double cabs get though, with more area to be heated up before the back starts to clear.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #4
usadventure is on a distinguished road
usadventure's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, 2 years later...I thought there would be more complaining about this issue. I just bought a 2013 DCSB and realized no rear defogger and no heated mirrors! Crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroCooper View Post
Heh...two years later someone replies.

No, no feedback, but I discovered that in the Access cab it is not too much of an issue, especially with my heated side mirrors. I wonder how bad the double cabs get though, with more area to be heated up before the back starts to clear.