Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

catalytic converter STOLEN!!

Old 06-16-2008, 06:54 PM   #1
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
catalytic converter STOLEN!!

my catalytic converter was cut and stolen out of a Walmart parking lot during the middle of the day!!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!! Price check on catalytic converter please??? dealership quoted me $1028.00!! be aware people are stealing them like crazy and they are targeting Tacoma's!!
Old 06-16-2008, 07:06 PM   #2
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
That really sucks man.....I'd be sooooo pissed if that happened to me. I look around online for you and let you know if i find anything..
Old 06-16-2008, 07:06 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Bluez View Post
my catalytic converter was cut and stolen out of a Walmart parking lot during the middle of the day!!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!! Price check on catalytic converter please??? dealership quoted me $1028.00!! be aware people are stealing them like crazy and they are targeting Tacoma's!!
Did you call the police? Which Walmart? And what time?
Old 06-16-2008, 07:11 PM   #4
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
I called the police and am waiting for them to come to my house to fill a police report. It happen in Phoenix, Arizona at the Walmart on 19th ave and Bell. I am a personal banker at the credit union located inside Walmart. I saw some Universal catalytic converter's on Ebay for $50 i wonder if those work. heres the link, hopefully it works I am not good at this stuff.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/UNIVE...spagenameZWDVW
Old 06-16-2008, 07:16 PM   #5
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I called the police and am waiting for them to come to my house to fill a police report. It happen in Phoenix, Arizona at the Walmart on 19th ave and Bell. I am a personal banker at the credit union located inside Walmart. I saw some Universal catalytic converter's on Ebay for $50 i wonder if those work. heres the link, hopefully it works I am not good at this stuff.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/UNIVE...spagenameZWDVW
Not familliar with those. WHich cat was stolen?
Old 06-16-2008, 07:20 PM   #6

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
Passenger side Cat was cut right out. Dealership said i was lucky because that one is less expensive. does $1028.00 sound ridiculous to anyone else? one word... UNBELIEVABLE!!! I just want to warn everyone and make sure this doesn't happen to them. Not getting many views on this thread.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Passenger side Cat was cut right out. Dealership said i was lucky because that one is less expensive. does $1028.00 sound ridiculous to anyone else? one word... UNBELIEVABLE!!! I just want to warn everyone and make sure this doesn't happen to them. Not getting many views on this thread.
Its been happening every where. Something about the metals inside the cat. That price does sound high. Did you check a junk yard? Maybe a NAPA?
Old 06-16-2008, 07:23 PM   #8
itsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to all

itsmyturn's Tacoma Gallery
that price is about right? i would file a comprehensive claim with your insurance company(if your deductible is low).
Old 06-16-2008, 07:25 PM   #9
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
get a toyota catalytic converter because if u dont have the right one it could mess up ur engine because toyota engines need back pressure or else they will not run right, so dont drive it with out a cat
Old 06-16-2008, 07:26 PM   #10
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard of it happening, but I do believe you are the 1st TW member that has fallen victim. Makes you wonder why nobody questioned why someone was sawing on something under your truck in a busy parking lot.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:31 PM   #11

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
As soon at i file my police report im calling my insurance company. My deductible is $750. Ill do whatever i can to get this taken care of with no out of pocket expense for me. Maybe pull some strings with my insurance provider or go straight to the HR at my work. Its ridiculous that us bank employees have to share a parking with crack heads at Walmart.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:33 PM   #12
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear about your truck. It's not just tacomas that are being targeted but pretty much any vehicle with enough ground clearance to make it easy to get at the exhaust with a cordless sawsall.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:38 PM   #13
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
doesnt take long.... maybe 2 mins with an electric sawzalla nd its off of there. sorry to hear this happened to you.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:49 PM   #14
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
that sucks. Sounds like an excuse to get the URD y-pipe and forget about worrying about people getting it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
get a toyota catalytic converter because if u dont have the right one it could mess up ur engine because toyota engines need back pressure or else they will not run right, so dont drive it with out a cat
what's your source? There are tons of people that remove the front pair with DT long tube headers and a bunch that remove the back two by installing a URD y-pipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
an electric sawzalla
that's it, I need an electric sawzilla. That would be awesome.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:55 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
I think you mean the right timming of the exhaust pullses for propper scavenging? Back psi is something that tuners of the 80's used to worry about because they didnt have the means to REALLY tune an exhaust.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:04 PM   #16
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
that's it, I need an electric sawzilla. That would be awesome.
Sawzilla! Hell yeah! I'll cut your f'n truck in half!
Old 06-16-2008, 08:23 PM   #17

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
What is a URD Y-pipe? It can replace the cat converter?
Old 06-16-2008, 08:30 PM   #18
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What is a URD Y-pipe? It can replace the cat converter?
check out http://www.urdusa.com for the y-pipe. it bolts on between the front 2 cats after the o2 sensors and bolts right up to the catback. takes the rear cats completely outta play, while still keeping the CEL off
Old 06-16-2008, 08:36 PM   #19
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
It would piss me off that someone was messing with my truck, then I'd be happy that I have an excuse to upgrade my exhaust and my wife wouldn't be able to say anything about it.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:40 PM   #20
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
the thing about the aftermarket cats i think, is their lifespan. where the oems are built to last (theyre warrantied to 80000 or whatever miles - varies per manufacturer), aftermarkets theres no telling.