Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Alarm wont stop going off

Old 07-16-2010, 09:59 PM   #1
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Alarm wont stop going off

Hey guys
So Im sleeping nice and sound this morning at 7:30 am when suddenly my taco's alarm goes off. I jump out of bed, fumble for my keys, and unlock my truck to stop the alarm. I make sure nothing is around my truck, like an animal or thief...nothing.

I lock my truck and go back inside to go back to sleep (actually, I should be up getting ready for work). Right when I get back into bed, the alarm goes off again. I run out to switch it off...still nothing around my truck. This time I lock my truck and wait there to see what happens. sure enough, about 5 seconds after my truck is locked, the alarm goes off again. I unlock and keep the doors open so it wont lock again.

I get ready for work, hop in the truck, starts up just fine. I arrive at the office, get out, lock my truck, start walking away...and sure enough, alarm goes off. Theres nothing i can do except disconnect the battery and manually lock the truck. Problem persists all afternoon, i have to disconnect my battery everytime i lock my truck. WTF is going on?!?!

I have the factory alarm system from the dealership...never modded it, never touched it. Ima take it to the dealership tomorrow, but any of u guys have any suggestions?
Old 07-16-2010, 10:00 PM   #2
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
Is it an oem alarm, or aftermarket?
Old 07-16-2010, 10:01 PM   #3
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like your LT kit is messing it up... better send that stuff to me just to be sure.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:02 PM   #4
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

it's OEM...so the orginal dealership claims. Stevens Creek dealership said it wasnt factory when I took it in for servicing before. I really have no idea
Old 07-16-2010, 10:04 PM   #5
Experienced Noob
MHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: 911 Dispatch/R-LEO
Name: Nate
MHS2846bg8's Tacoma Gallery
I had a problem like this, but with an aftermarket...had to bypass one of the sensors because it was in an always "on" state. Haven't heard of a factory alarm doing that though...
Old 07-16-2010, 10:07 PM   #6
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
Sounds like your LT kit is messing it up... better send that stuff to me just to be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
it's OEM...so the orginal dealership claims. Stevens Creek dealership said it wasnt factory when I took it in for servicing before. I really have no idea
Hmm...are your doors shut securely (I assume they are)...I don't have much input on an oem alarm. I lived in a high-heat [weather] area for awhile and my non-oem alarm did the same thing (another vehicle)...I never figured out what it was, but when I moved to a more temperate climate, it didn't happen again. Is CA experiencing a heat wave?
Old 07-16-2010, 10:12 PM   #7
Experienced Noob
MHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: 911 Dispatch/R-LEO
Name: Nate
MHS2846bg8's Tacoma Gallery
its been pretty warm here in socal lately.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:29 PM   #8
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
I had a Viper that whacked and would go off for no apparent reason, turned out to be a bad contact on the drivers door pin
Old 07-19-2010, 08:01 AM   #9
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
I had a Chebby quite a few years ago where this would happen when the battery was weak/failing. Alarm saw it as someone disconnecting the battery to disable the alarm.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:33 AM   #10
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkin View Post
I had a Chebby quite a few years ago where this would happen when the battery was weak/failing. Alarm saw it as someone disconnecting the battery to disable the alarm.
ohh, that could be the case then, because my battery has died on me twice this year already, but I havent changed it
Old 07-19-2010, 10:36 AM   #11
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
If your battery is low, that will trigger it.

A way thieves get around alarms is drill out the batttery fluid it kills alarm....then get in, then pop hood swap batteries or jump it and vroooooooom...their gone with your ride.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:03 PM   #12
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

changed batteries, still going off...anyone know if i can pull a fuse for the alarm for the time being??
Old 07-24-2010, 07:57 PM   #14
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

haha, i just pulled the fuse off my horn so it will stop annoying ppl until i can find a fix
Old 07-26-2010, 08:56 AM   #15
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Most alarms are wired in to the system such that easily bypassing them does not work (kinda like they designed it that way :-). You might be able to make a few jumpers and jump the connections around the alarm. I did that to an older truck that I had until I found out that it was my battery.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:00 AM   #16
Barnone
Barnone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave View Post
If your battery is low, that will trigger it.

A way thieves get around alarms is drill out the batttery fluid it kills alarm....then get in, then pop hood swap batteries or jump it and vroooooooom...their gone with your ride.
How do the thieves drill a hole in the battery without popping the hood?
Old 07-29-2010, 05:09 AM   #17
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnone View Post
How do the thieves drill a hole in the battery without popping the hood?
Right thru the quarter panel if your familiar with the battery location. Nothin a little bondo wont fix. lol
Old 07-17-2013, 03:06 AM   #19
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregLee98 View Post
We're you able to fix it? I have the same problem. Battery is fine. Dealer can't replicate it. Tests show alarm system is ok, but it keeps triggering randomly.
Well. Since the last post was nearly 3 years ago......I would guess that It's probably fixed. Lol.

You might want to make a new thread regarding your situation.