1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

`89 Toyota Clutch Replacement

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by tacotoe, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Jul 17, 2010 at 9:24 AM
    tacotoe

tacotoe [OP] Pastry Chef

Member:
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    `17 AC Sport MT
    ARE Topper, Icon aal, OEM Audio+
    I am in the process of replacing a clutch on a `89 Toyota PU 4x4. I did buy a manual but it leaves much to be desired. My question regarding this job is the manual says to support the front dif. with a jack and remove the bolts...ok then what? It then says remove the four bolts from the rear motor mount..ok are they talking about the four bolts that bolt the transmission to the motor via a bracket? Any help or advice is apreciated, I will check back later. I am waiting on some asistance to help wrestle that assembly outa there. Thanks in advance.

2. Jul 24, 2010 at 5:48 AM
    tacotoe

tacotoe [OP] Pastry Chef

Member:
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    `17 AC Sport MT
    ARE Topper, Icon aal, OEM Audio+
    OK. This job of replacing the clutch is done. I determined that the 4 motor mount bolts the Chilton manual refered to was actually the 4 bolts attaching the transfer case to cross member.I also determined that the front diff. did not need to be lowered to have clearance.Only one small piece of skin removed from one knuckle...I`m calling this job a success.

Products Discussed in

To Top