1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LED halo Projector headlight problem

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by philly74, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Apr 30, 2009 at 8:06 PM
    mpreiss

mpreiss Attack Life.

Member:
    Capon Bridge, WV
    Vehicle:
    07 D.cab 4x4 w/3" Lift
    3" Pro comp Suspension Lift Fog light Mod. Tinted Front windows 15% (match rears) Tonneau cover Halo head lights K&N filter.
    :worthless: green's sounds sweet.

2. May 3, 2009 at 12:09 PM
    nytmarecoma88

nytmarecoma88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 tacoma
    Tonnuea Tint euro Tail lights halo head lights billet grille- black debadged black powdercaoted 17's "knight rider" mod aero turbine exhaust black bull bar multicolor halo fogs
    i just soldered my own reisistors and leds, i ended up having to use 2 leds n each halo

3. Sep 30, 2009 at 12:58 AM
    DefiantTuner

DefiantTuner New Member

Member:
    I know this is a tacoma site but the headlights are the same. I just got a pair of Halo Projectors for my 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse. I got them installed and everything. They work great except a couple things:

1. didnt wire the leds yet so thats not the issue

2. the light from the projectors only shines about 15 feet out in front of my car then a jagged black line followed by nothing is there. It seems like something is blocking the light yet nothing is visibly there.

Any thoughts?

4. Oct 12, 2009 at 3:59 PM
    mpreiss

mpreiss Attack Life.

Member:
    Capon Bridge, WV
    Vehicle:
    07 D.cab 4x4 w/3" Lift
    3" Pro comp Suspension Lift Fog light Mod. Tinted Front windows 15% (match rears) Tonneau cover Halo head lights K&N filter.
    There should be 2 screws on the back of you headlight. one will adjust it left to right and the other will adjust it up and down. but the jagged black line thing is normal for projectors. they are just really sharp cut off lines instead of slowly fading out like a traditional headlight they just stop. The reason it is jagged though is probably because the two are not lined up perfectly. hope that helps a little.

5. Aug 28, 2010 at 2:18 PM
    chas

chas New Member

Member:
    i was wondering where i could get a replacement led bulb for the projector headlights.

6. Aug 28, 2010 at 2:44 PM
    snowgod06

snowgod06 UG legend wannabe

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    A farm field, OREGON
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab
    crap bolted and welded together....
    IF anyone is interested, i bought these lights and the seller gave me an extra LED set for one side. So basically its the 3 led's attached together for one headlight. I have no use for them seeing i have had them on for 2+years. Willing to split the LED's up for anyone who needs them or if someone wants to buy the whole piece, PM me and we can work somthing out.

7. Aug 28, 2010 at 4:13 PM
    Dobri56

Dobri56 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2012 trd sport longbed
    Smitty Bull bar, PIAA 540, MBRP turn down exhaust, Tractor trailer tool box. Black headlight mod, fog light mod, TRD seat covers, tacoma floor mats, Recon under tailgate light
    Anyone having problems with these lights. they look amazing but the HID looks so dim. I installed 6000k in my fogs and those are brighter then the 6000k low beams?

8. Apr 22, 2012 at 8:45 PM
    Markus9u

Markus9u Markus9u

Member:
    First Name:
    Markus
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2005 Texas Edition
    Borla Exaust system, Doug Thorley headers, Injen powerflow cold air intake, URD performance chip, Train horn w/ 150 psi, Bushwackers, RBP Grill, Westin Bull Bar, Piaa lights, HID Projectors 8K, Pioneer Avic-X 930bt, Remote start?Alarm.
    Does anyone have instructions on how to install the new halo rings and eyebrow to make it a brighter/blue color such as the 3 led going vertical?? THANKS

untitledc.jpg
    Truck front.jpg

9. May 1, 2012 at 9:24 PM
    senn4586

senn4586 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5 TRD Off Road
    Always on lighter output, Any Time On Fog lights, rear 12v outlet, 4 additional D-Rings, Plasti-Dipped Side Steps, Satoshi Color Matched Grill, Dash light swap, Dome light and map light, Under hood light, Back up light/Bed Light, Diff Breather relocation, Cubby Combo Lock, Ammo Cans Mounted in bed
    As far as making it brighter the only way would be to change them to LED but the wiring is simple since its positive and negative. All I did was grab power from a cable that went to the auxilary wire going from the stereo to the AMP. I tapped into it on the driver side cover that's by the door jamb sinc.e that's where the wire runs through. The ground was just grounded to the ground of the parking lights. If you don't want to run the power wire all the way inside the cab then just grab power from the parking lights. I did it my way because I wasn't fond of having o turn on my lights to have the halos on. Anothernhing is that the HID for mine had to be on a wiring harness since it kept flickering and remember that projector has a more direct light output so you might just need to align your cutoff for the light output o be better. Hopefully this helps.

10. May 2, 2012 at 7:08 AM
    Markus9u

Markus9u Markus9u

Member:
    First Name:
    Markus
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2005 Texas Edition
    Borla Exaust system, Doug Thorley headers, Injen powerflow cold air intake, URD performance chip, Train horn w/ 150 psi, Bushwackers, RBP Grill, Westin Bull Bar, Piaa lights, HID Projectors 8K, Pioneer Avic-X 930bt, Remote start?Alarm.
    This helps a little i mean i have it wired to where my running lights are on and it turns on my yellow PIAA's and halos which i enjoy so i dont have it run off direct power source.. Few questiond what is a cutoff? And where could i buy these LED's at to make all weaker lights as bright as the vertical 3 downwards? Thanks much!

11. May 3, 2012 at 5:13 PM
    senn4586

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    Always on lighter output, Any Time On Fog lights, rear 12v outlet, 4 additional D-Rings, Plasti-Dipped Side Steps, Satoshi Color Matched Grill, Dash light swap, Dome light and map light, Under hood light, Back up light/Bed Light, Diff Breather relocation, Cubby Combo Lock, Ammo Cans Mounted in bed
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  12. May 6, 2012 at 8:32 PM
    Markus9u

Markus9u Markus9u

Member:
    First Name:
    Markus
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2005 Texas Edition
    Does anyone have photos on instillation of LED on the halos and eyebrow? And a good bulb to purchase..

13. May 6, 2012 at 8:43 PM
    senn4586

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    I will be doing this again for a buddy of mine so a soon as he brings the bulbs and the truck over I will take pictures of it. Another thing is did you get your answer for the HID cutoff?

14. May 7, 2012 at 10:22 PM
    Markus9u

Markus9u Markus9u

Member:
    First Name:
    Markus
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2005 Texas Edition
    Yes i got the answer and im pretty sure my cutoff is good.. only problem is the 15k HID is not to good with my eyes for road visibility.. But yeah those pictures of how to upgrade the halos and eyebrows would be much appriciated!

15. May 7, 2012 at 10:26 PM
    =JSG=

=JSG= Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    2006 OR to 2021 DC TRD OR 4x4 SB
    Morimoto 2 Stroke 3.0 lows, Squadron-R Sport , Method NVs, Bilstein 6112/5160
    15K HID's? thats like purple/pink :confused:. Why would you get such a high temp?

16. May 21, 2012 at 9:15 PM
    Markus9u

Markus9u Markus9u

Member:
    First Name:
    Markus
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2005 Texas Edition
    Yeah i can barley even see with them honestly! Im sending them back for 10k soon.

17. May 22, 2012 at 8:24 PM
    senn4586

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    I think what he meant to say is why not get like an 8k bulb and even then that's pushing the visibility a little. You should try the 6k or 8k for better visibility. I have 8k and it's really nice.

18. May 22, 2012 at 8:30 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    damn markus! you bumped the hell out of this thread. is was dead for 2 year. lol

19. May 22, 2012 at 8:31 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    sick head lights BTW!

20. May 22, 2012 at 8:35 PM
    blitton08

blitton08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    06 XSP White 4D 2WD
    Maxtrac Spindles, Bilstein 5100s set 0 in front with Eibach Springs, 2.5" block in rear with OME Dakar Leaf Springs
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ive noticed that in the daylight my halos are very dim and so is the strip that goes through the middle. But at night they glow bright so it has never really bothered me.

Products Discussed in

To Top