Notices

LED halo Projector headlight problem

Old 06-17-2008, 06:55 PM   #1
philly74 is on a distinguished road

philly74's Tacoma Gallery
LED halo Projector headlight problem

my LED Projector headlight problem
lol
ok bought these light and got them installed ...
couple things came up ..
only 3/6 of the small LED's worked
the halo lights are very dim

just wondering if i could buy LED replacements and where?
i tried switching the + and - around but still no worky lol
and if the halos are really that dim or if it my lights ?
Old 06-17-2008, 09:42 PM   #2
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Those look bad a$$.Hope you find a fix.Have you called the manufacture?? Welcome to TW.You're in the right place.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:55 PM   #3
camsbored has a spectacular aura aboutcamsbored has a spectacular aura aboutcamsbored has a spectacular aura about

camsbored's Tacoma Gallery
If they're made by the same company that made the angel eye headlights I got for my old VW there are some cheapo bulbs that power the rings. Either 1 or 2 per halo ring. Those can be replaced with some LEDs that are brighter.

I've got no idea about the LEDs that are not lit up... sounds defective to me. Is it the same on both sides? If so that's odd.

Good luck.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
Those look bad a$$.Hope you find a fix.Have you called the manufacture?? Welcome to TW.You're in the right place.
ya they are bad ass .. to bad they don't work... i got big plans for the truck... i just hate it when things don't work out ... and ya im calling the manufacturer tomorrow morn first thing lol to see what is up !!! i was on such a high picking up the truck then such a low when things where not working right !!! lol

the LEDs can be taken out and replaced i think... or taken out at leased because i did it !!! lol but if the halo's are f-ed then i will get a new set sent ... not sure what to do yet !!! i just got them installed today so i just found out that i need to put in some hyper white light bulbs in too... just not bright enough for me... its a stock bright ... but yo they are projector headlight .. lol they should be blinding !!! lol
Old 06-17-2008, 11:08 PM   #5

even the eyebrow lights are dim lol could it be a power problem????
Old 06-17-2008, 11:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by camsbored View Post
If they're made by the same company that made the angel eye headlights I got for my old VW there are some cheapo bulbs that power the rings. Either 1 or 2 per halo ring. Those can be replaced with some LEDs that are brighter.

I've got no idea about the LEDs that are not lit up... sounds defective to me. Is it the same on both sides? If so that's odd.

Good luck.

very interesting... ill see about the halo lights ... im just so done forking money into these things that should work outta the box.. u know !!! stupid aftermarket hahaha

and ya i don't know if u can see the pic or not but 2 LEDs work on the right side and only one on the left ... bugs me so much its very getto fabulous the way it is now haha wit it only half working !!! lol i was maybe thinking it was a power supply problem ... not enough juice??? i dont think so tho ...

this better not be a sign hahaha i getting LED tail lights, LEDs in the hood scoop, and halo Fog lights ... better not have any problems with those next week
Old 06-18-2008, 11:46 PM   #7
Banchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud of

Name: Ron
Banchi94's Tacoma Gallery
This may sound lame, but try rotating the LED bulbs...they may be backwards. I had this problem when I installed LED bulbs on my motorcycle. I thought one of them bulbs were burned out, so I ordered a new one. Come to find out, it wasn't burned out at all, but installed wrong.

With LED's, you have to remember that they are diodes, so they only allow current to go one way. So if they are installed backwards, then the power won't go through them.

I hope that helps a little. Not sure why the brows are dim. I won't be able to tell unless I see a schematic. I'm an electrical engineer, BTW, so if you need some electrical help, let me know and I can try to figure it out for you.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:44 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banchi94 View Post
This may sound lame, but try rotating the LED bulbs...they may be backwards. I had this problem when I installed LED bulbs on my motorcycle. I thought one of them bulbs were burned out, so I ordered a new one. Come to find out, it wasn't burned out at all, but installed wrong.

With LED's, you have to remember that they are diodes, so they only allow current to go one way. So if they are installed backwards, then the power won't go through them.

I hope that helps a little. Not sure why the brows are dim. I won't be able to tell unless I see a schematic. I'm an electrical engineer, BTW, so if you need some electrical help, let me know and I can try to figure it out for you.

ya i tried that and still no worky ...
im going to try a few things ... i can put bulbs in where the LEDs are ... nice bright AMBERS would be nice see how that works... and see what it will take to change the halo bulbs or LEDS or whatever they may be!!!

any idea's on that?

if thats no good then I'm just going to get the company i ordered it through to send some replacement... saying these the ones are defective... time will tell !!!
Old 07-07-2008, 11:25 AM   #9
it's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud of

it's in coma's Tacoma Gallery
could you install a HID kit on these headlights? that could be way to go...
Old 07-09-2008, 08:27 PM   #10
it's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud of

bump...
Old 07-21-2008, 04:36 PM   #11
wing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud of

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wing103 Send a message via AIM to wing103 Send a message via MSN to wing103 Send a message via Yahoo to wing103 Send a message via Skype™ to wing103
you can install a HID headlight on it, I have mind installed on this after market housing, but do not brave enough to take the OEM headlight out..... I will get some local guy help me to install it, than I will upload some photo here
Old 07-22-2008, 06:34 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wing103 View Post
you can install a HID headlight on it, I have mind installed on this after market housing, but do not brave enough to take the OEM headlight out..... I will get some local guy help me to install it, than I will upload some photo here
can't wait
Old 07-22-2008, 05:15 PM   #13

I just bought some headlights just like these that came with the hid kit already installed 6000k. Will post pics as soon as i get them. the high beams on the new lights are halogen but i will try to make them hid as well...just need to know the bulb size...
Old 07-22-2008, 08:53 PM   #14
wing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud of

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wing103 Send a message via AIM to wing103 Send a message via MSN to wing103 Send a message via Yahoo to wing103 Send a message via Skype™ to wing103
Quote:
Originally Posted by it's in coma View Post
I just bought some headlights just like these that came with the hid kit already installed 6000k. Will post pics as soon as i get them. the high beams on the new lights are halogen but i will try to make them hid as well...just need to know the bulb size...
I do try to replace the OEM heaadlight out, but I cannot get the last screw out..... any idea how to get that screw out?

I have a 4000K.. it is bright enough, I think 6000K will be a bit too much..
Old 07-22-2008, 11:35 PM   #15

i think actually 6000k is as brigth or a little less bright than the 4k. There was some discussion about it saying that our eyes can only perceive as much as the 4k white light... something like that... i will try looking for the thread but i think it was on toyotanation...
Old 07-23-2008, 07:20 PM   #16

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

The head light housing is very cool plus the 4000K HID.
It is easy to install. Also I install the running board, it cost $209 on ebay with free shipping.
Attached Thumbnails
LED halo Projector headlight problem-imag0037.jpg   LED halo Projector headlight problem-imag0040.jpg   LED halo Projector headlight problem-imag0041.jpg   LED halo Projector headlight problem-imag0044.jpg   LED halo Projector headlight problem-imag0046.jpg  

Old 07-25-2008, 01:31 PM   #17

Quote:
The head light housing is very cool plus the 4000K HID.
It is easy to install. Also I install the running board, it cost $209 on ebay with free shipping.
how are they installed??? mine are so (not bright) lol
Old 07-25-2008, 11:31 PM   #18

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Just look like you install the regular bulb
open up the black rubber cover for the low beam, unscrew one screw for the clip that hold the bulb.
Than take the old bulb out, put the HID bulb in, put the clip & screw back.
second: have to cut i - 1/2 holes for the HID bulb wire, than is like cut a less than 1/4" hole a bit far away from the 1/2" hole for another set wire, may be if i have a chance I post some photos here.
It is easy
Old 07-26-2008, 09:14 PM   #19

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Hi
I believe there is 2 types of Halo light on the market (ebay)
If you look closer, on the ebay auction, one is only have one socket(3 pins) than the LED & the signal night use the same OEM connection. so you only see one set of wire with 3 pin socket come out from the housing, the other one have the wire that outside the housing, i think this is the one that you have, (am I right?)
do you have a voltage tester or meter? check the wire, find a set that have 12 volts than you can hack it and hook up for the angel eyes & LED.
I use my TytnII phone to take the photos..... may be I use my wife camera tomorrow to shoot more photos and post it here.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:29 AM   #20

Quote:
Hi
I believe there is 2 types of Halo light on the market (ebay)
If you look closer, on the ebay auction, one is only have one socket(3 pins) than the LED & the signal night use the same OEM connection. so you only see one set of wire with 3 pin socket come out from the housing, the other one have the wire that outside the housing, i think this is the one that you have, (am I right?)
do you have a voltage tester or meter? check the wire, find a set that have 12 volts than you can hack it and hook up for the angel eyes & LED.
I use my TytnII phone to take the photos..... may be I use my wife camera tomorrow to shoot more photos and post it here.

these are my headlights

this is what it looks like now

this is how f-ed the wires look hahaha

these are the 3 LEDs. as u can see i got 2 LEDs and one bulb only the 2 LEDs light up... if try to use 3 LEDs they WILL NOT light up

eyebrow wire with LED it can also light up a bulb and as u can see its on its own