1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need new brakes soon

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by EGtaco, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Jul 22, 2010 at 9:46 PM
    EGtaco

EGtaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma
    Got over 50k miles on my 2009 taco and need to get some new brake pads pretty soon. I want "the best." OK I know everyone has their own opinion on "the best" but can any of you mechanics and weekend warriors recommend any specific brake pads (manufacture and model)? I have a limited knowledge of equipment like brakes so I need some advice. Sure the OEM seem to be fine but what else is out there? I am not a rock crawling guy and most of my time is on roads but I do get off the hardtop every now and then and enjoy the mud, sand, and dirt. Also tow a small boat and trailers from time to time.

What does a few extra dollars buy you as far as brake pads go???

2. Jul 22, 2010 at 10:16 PM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    Spend more and they will last longer and not create as much dust. Your front rims won't look like they are covered in red dust. I usually go to Napa and buy their top of the line ceramic pads for my cars and trucks. I haven't done brakes on my Tacoma yet so I can't recommend any particular make or model.

3. Jul 23, 2010 at 6:08 AM
    skytower

skytower Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4x4
    Hitch and wiring, aux back-up light, rear strobe lights, radio and underseat sub.
    +1 on ceramic pads. I don't like turning rotors, less metal=faster heat up. I replace my rotors with pads. Brembo's are good. Top of the line napa is good too.

Products Discussed in

To Top