Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Need new brakes soon

Old 07-22-2010, 10:46 PM   #1
EGtaco is on a distinguished road
EGtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Need new brakes soon

Got over 50k miles on my 2009 taco and need to get some new brake pads pretty soon. I want "the best." OK I know everyone has their own opinion on "the best" but can any of you mechanics and weekend warriors recommend any specific brake pads (manufacture and model)? I have a limited knowledge of equipment like brakes so I need some advice. Sure the OEM seem to be fine but what else is out there? I am not a rock crawling guy and most of my time is on roads but I do get off the hardtop every now and then and enjoy the mud, sand, and dirt. Also tow a small boat and trailers from time to time.

What does a few extra dollars buy you as far as brake pads go???
Old 07-22-2010, 11:16 PM   #2
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
Spend more and they will last longer and not create as much dust. Your front rims won't look like they are covered in red dust. I usually go to Napa and buy their top of the line ceramic pads for my cars and trucks. I haven't done brakes on my Tacoma yet so I can't recommend any particular make or model.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:08 AM   #3
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
+1 on ceramic pads. I don't like turning rotors, less metal=faster heat up. I replace my rotors with pads. Brembo's are good. Top of the line napa is good too.