LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Electronics Basics and Reference

Old 12-12-2012, 06:43 AM   #81
TacosNBurritos is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
TacosNBurritos's Tacoma Gallery
Is there any aftermarket fuse boxes that anyone can recommend or should I just order another fuse box from toyota and install that. I plan to keep all my mods desperate from the factory wiring as to not screw anything up. I realize I will have to tie into some points(ignition circuit) but I want to keep it minimal.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:34 PM   #82
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacosNBurritos View Post
Is there any aftermarket fuse boxes that anyone can recommend or should I just order another fuse box from toyota and install that. I plan to keep all my mods desperate from the factory wiring as to not screw anything up. I realize I will have to tie into some points(ignition circuit) but I want to keep it minimal.
Blue Seas Aux Fuse Block is what most run on here
Old 12-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #83
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
Blue Seas Aux Fuse Block is what most run on here
or an sPOD
Old 12-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #85
TacosNBurritos is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
TacosNBurritos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
That sPOD looks great! It has relays already mounted, sweet! I will likely need two and install them in a nice box like the Factoy mounted one under the hood. Location is unknown. I'll also need to convert to dual batteries and upgrade the alternator to support the electrical load.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:56 AM   #86
claymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant future

Name: Clay
claymore's Tacoma Gallery
I have tried to find this, but no luck. How many relays can 1 switch activate safely? How do you do the calculations? I am wondering if I can have several sets of lights (led), all wired individually to there own relay and fuse, but activated by 1 switch.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:41 AM   #87
Hub Master General
nj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kev
nj636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymore View Post
I have tried to find this, but no luck. How many relays can 1 switch activate safely? How do you do the calculations? I am wondering if I can have several sets of lights (led), all wired individually to there own relay and fuse, but activated by 1 switch.
questions are how many amps do the lights draw individually & all together?, how many amps can the relay handle?
Old 01-16-2013, 07:46 AM   #88
on idiot patrol ;)
SCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Firefighter
Name: Stephan
SCFirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Yep. You have your questions backwards. There is a high likelihood you can wire all your LED lights into one relay. LEDs take up very few amps. Figure out how much your lights draw, and make sure your relay can handle it.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:54 AM   #89
AZDesertTRD is on a distinguished road

Name: Pamela
AZDesertTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-14-2013, 07:18 PM   #90
budshupe is on a distinguished road
Name: bud
budshupe's Tacoma Gallery
is sticky still around???? I have questions about potentiometers maybe you can help me with
Old 04-13-2014, 10:07 PM   #92
Li0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Captain
Name: Lionel
Li0nel1234's Tacoma Gallery
Dear OP,

Thanks for this thread. It has helped me understand a lot. I saved it to my faves. I vote this should be a sticky somewhere.