Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

tie rod end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WTF!!!!!!!

Old 07-25-2010, 02:36 PM   #1
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
tie rod end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WTF!!!!!!!

how the hell do you get the tie rod end off!

got it separated from the steering knuckle, how the hell do you get it off the rest the tie rod
2008 4wd
Old 07-25-2010, 02:41 PM   #2
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

solus's Tacoma Gallery
this
Old 07-25-2010, 02:43 PM   #3
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Hahaha use those muscles... That is if you have any... lol!
Old 07-25-2010, 02:44 PM   #4
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
Hahaha use those muscles... That is if you have any... lol!
thanks

does that nut loosen by turning it the opposite way than normal?
Old 07-25-2010, 02:46 PM   #5
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah they can be a pain to take apart... When I did the LT install I had a harder time getting the tie rod popped out from the lower steering arm/lower ball joint.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:46 PM   #6
MASTER CHIEF
STR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
STR8_BEAST's Tacoma Gallery
wrench it off, and use another wrench to brace column. not sure what sizes are required tho
Old 07-25-2010, 02:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by solus694 View Post
thanks

does that nut loosen by turning it the opposite way than normal?

No problem... I am just messing with you.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:48 PM   #8
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
Yeah they can be a pain to take apart... When I did the LT install I had a harder time getting the tie rod popped out from the lower steering arm/lower ball joint.
i got that off pretty easy... completely destroyed the boot with the pickle fork (oh well its being replaced)

I'm just having a hard time getting this off.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:53 PM   #9

^ yeah I hear you. I destroyed my out tie rods as well. Had to replace one side... Good luck with taking those apart!
Old 07-25-2010, 03:39 PM   #10
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
bump for more info
Old 07-25-2010, 03:42 PM   #11
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
When Aaron and I did my spindles I fucked mine up so I had to replace them. We just took a wrench and it came right off. It's just on there realllly tight.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:44 PM   #12
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_wood View Post
When Aaron and I did my spindles I fucked mine up so I had to replace them. We just took a wrench and it came right off. It's just on there realllly tight.
you turned the nut correct? I got them off the steering knuckle just need to disconnect from the rest of the tie rod
Old 07-25-2010, 03:45 PM   #13
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah it's all connected. Just turn the nut and it loosens up. You might have to keep the inner tie rod tightened down with something I can't quite remember if it turns or not.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:46 PM   #14
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
aight thanks... I'll keep trying
Old 07-25-2010, 03:50 PM   #15
Screw your MPG's

Definitely. Maybe tap it with a mallet, or hammer?
Old 07-25-2010, 03:51 PM   #16
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Loosen that one nut, then unscrew the tie rod end ff
Old 07-25-2010, 03:59 PM   #17
Screw your MPG's

There ya go.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:09 PM   #18
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
Loosen that one nut, then unscrew the tie rod end ff
thanks
Old 07-25-2010, 08:59 PM   #19
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
SOOO! the fucking passenger side tie rod end would not budge... not one bit... however the drivers side came off with not effort what-so-ever... driver side is done.

I'm going to have to take it in to get the passengers side done and an steering alignment.

the good news the spindles are shaved down and don't contact the boot anymore.

I don't know wtf happened but the passenger side will not budge
Old 07-25-2010, 09:04 PM   #20
Screw your MPG's

That's good and shitty to hear man.