Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Where to mount killswitch?

Old 07-25-2010, 11:10 PM   #1
YeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Honor Guard-Now out of Honor Guard getting ready for MK "A" School
Name: Thomas
YeahYeah's Tacoma Gallery
Where to mount killswitch?

I have already mounted my killswitch for my ignition but its in the most obvious place... the little drawer on the left next to ur knee. Where else would be a great place to mount it that no one would know(except all you responding to this)
Old 07-25-2010, 11:12 PM   #2
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
in side the center console,
Old 07-25-2010, 11:13 PM   #3
YeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

would that be too obvious?
Old 07-25-2010, 11:16 PM   #4
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
idk how 2nd gen ones are but not in a 1st gen.

how about like under your seat or someplace like that
Old 07-25-2010, 11:17 PM   #5

oooooooooo! genius! sheer genius.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:17 PM   #6
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
maybe on the inside of the dash like next to the obd-II port
Old 07-25-2010, 11:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTman357 View Post
Pardon me asking, but what exactly is a killswitch? Sounds self-explanatory, but I've never heard of this.
Kill Switch Mod Write Up. type this in up in the search bar. easy mod, great idea. it kills the flow of the current when you try to turn your car over.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:23 PM   #9
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Get a floor mounted dimmer switch like in older cars and trucks. Mount it under the dash out of site, but still where you can reach it with your foot.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:24 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by joes06tacoma View Post
Get a floor mounted dimmer switch like in older cars and trucks. Mount it under the dash out of site, but still where you can reach it with your foot.
a dimmer switch? as in the kind that dim the panels? how does that work
Old 07-25-2010, 11:30 PM   #11
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
In older vehicles, the switch that controls the change from high to low beams was mounted on the floor. You used your left foot to switch back and forth. I know that Ford trucks up to 1991 had them on the floor.

Basically it's just a single pole double throw switch designed to be switched with your foot. They're like $10 at NAPA. You would only need two of the three terminals to use it as a kill switch. You might also need the connector that goes with it.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:32 PM   #12

not a bad idea at all! keep em coming!!!
Old 07-25-2010, 11:33 PM   #13
The_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The_Dude's Tacoma Gallery
If it's a stick you could mount a button under the boot on the shifter?
Old 07-25-2010, 11:34 PM   #14
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
my vote is trunk monkey

okay its like230 am my ass is goin to bed before i get in trouble
Old 07-25-2010, 11:34 PM   #15

na, no stick. only on my 92 4runner. ill have to do that one to my 4runner
Old 07-26-2010, 12:32 AM   #16
Tacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Tacorunner87's Tacoma Gallery
Get a factory style switch that will go in your dash. Example would be like the e-locker switch(came factory on some but not on all), wire that up as a kill switch. It would look factory and you dont have to lean down or more around to make it obvious that you have a kill switch.

Edit:
Or a key fob where a magnet or something on your keys has to be within 5ft of your truck.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:35 AM   #17
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
If it's a stick you could mount a button under the boot on the shifter?
good idea! I may use that.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:47 PM   #20
sachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
sachou's Tacoma Gallery
If you could fit it in there, I'd say right behind the steering wheel.

It's really easy to access for daily use, and almost undetectable to the naked eye.