LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Rear windows latches

Old 07-27-2010, 10:12 AM   #1
LFH is a glorious beacon of lightLFH is a glorious beacon of lightLFH is a glorious beacon of lightLFH is a glorious beacon of lightLFH is a glorious beacon of light
Army: Communications
LFH's Tacoma Gallery
Rear windows latches

The dealer wanted $40 each for replacement latches for the rear fold out windows on my 2001 Tacoma. That just seemed outrageous to me.

Anyone have other sources or repair solutions?

I did search these threads, didn't find anything.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:23 AM   #2
Hambone805 is on a distinguished road

Name: Aaron
Hambone805's Tacoma Gallery
That happened to me too on my 02, I just decided to keep them that way because it's not like I use them that often. Do you use those windows that much to justify dropping prossibly 80 bucks on them? I certainly don't
Old 07-27-2010, 10:24 AM   #3
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
I had one replaced once. Then one winter they both broke on the same day. I left them that way. Dealership didn't notice when I traded it in.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:28 AM   #4
LFH is a glorious beacon of lightLFH is a glorious beacon of lightLFH is a glorious beacon of lightLFH is a glorious beacon of lightLFH is a glorious beacon of light
Army: Communications
LFH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone805 View Post
That happened to me too on my 02, I just decided to keep them that way because it's not like I use them that often. Do you use those windows that much to justify dropping prossibly 80 bucks on them? I certainly don't
The windows are loose without being latched securely. And I am trying to sell it, maybe.

They must have been broke when I bought it last December. I didn't check them unfortunately. The dealer would have fixed them.

And no, if I keep it, they will most likely never be opened. Some previous owner obviously smoked.

Yeah,,,$86 after tax... cheep plastic part.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:01 PM   #5
rickand is on a distinguished road
rickand's Tacoma Gallery
I bought the OEM latches from Toyota, but how do I take out the interior panels to attach them?
Old 11-24-2010, 02:20 PM   #6
JackTRDrunner is on a distinguished road

Name: Jack
JackTRDrunner's Tacoma Gallery
the right rear one on my 04 did the same thing. i'd love to hear any thoughts on how to fix these, i actually like driving with ALL the windows open so any fix other than the stealership would be nice
Old 11-26-2010, 07:03 AM   #7
rickand is on a distinguished road
rickand's Tacoma Gallery
I did this and it was relatively easy. You'll need metric sockets. The hardest part was getting in and out of the back of the truck. See http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...w-latches.html