Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Abnormal feel and sound from truck-possible rear end?

Old 07-27-2010, 02:43 PM   #1
mattioss is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
mattioss's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to mattioss
Abnormal feel and sound from truck-possible rear end?

Hey Guys,

Just want your opinion before it goes to the shop maybe some of you can give me an insight as to what they may tell me. Here is the problem. Upon starting my truck and leaving from where ever I am any time I make a left turn there is a sound and feel from the truck that either sounds like a rear end gear problem or I am completely stumped. And it only happens on left hand turns, the feel is like something pulling the truck in the opposite direction I am going and i can feel it through the steering column and through the floor boards and back of my seat. I understand my description may not the best but was unsure if any of you out there have any insight as to if this has happened to you, or if you may know what is going on.

Matt
Old 07-27-2010, 02:46 PM   #2
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
probably need to change the rear diff fluid
Old 07-27-2010, 05:40 PM   #3
mattioss is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
mattioss's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to mattioss
really, with only 42k on the clock?
Old 07-27-2010, 07:09 PM   #4
DonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: don
DonnoD's Tacoma Gallery
this exact same thing happened to me but it did it after driving around for at least 10 mins or when it warms up and it did it turning left or right but yea i just changed oil in the diff and make sure you put the lsd additive in it