1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Another horrible dealership story

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by t.robert, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Jul 27, 2010 at 11:16 PM
    t.robert

t.robert [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab 4x4 Off-Road Package
    TSB in rear, 5100 in front, Limo tint all the way around, 50% tint on windshield, Grillcraft grille, 4 Hella 500 lights mounted behind grille, XDI intake, URD short shifter
    So a few weeks ago I noticed there was oil leaking somewhere in my engine compartment and it was going all over my valve covers and my hood.
    So last thursday I powerwashed my whole engine off so there was no residue. I drove it around for 20 mins and came back and found out that the valve cover gasket was leaking, or at least thats where it looks like it was coming from. So i continued to drive my truck around all weekend and brought it to the dealership on monday and told them my valve cover gasket was leaking, and the guy goes what makes you say that? I i said cuz there is oil everywhere and i saw it trailing down from the valve cover and thats where most of the residue was. And he goes, well that answers my stupid question.
    So i leave the truck there all day and they call me around 4 and tell me that there was so much oil everywhere they can tell where its coming from so they powerwashed the engine off and drive it around and they cant get it to leak any oil. I was confused because it was leaking quite a bit and it was very noticable. He told me to come get the truck and drive it for 3 days and bring it back and I told him i just drove it for 3 days from when I cleaned it and there was too much oil in there. He said they would keep it and try it again in the morning. Well they call me at 3:30 today and tell me that they cant get it to leak oil and I need to come pick it up and if it leaks in the future to bring it back in.
    I go down there and get the keys and told them I would be back in 15 mins, I drove it around for about 10 mins popped the hood and found oil on my hood and my valve covers. I took it right back to the dealer ship and aksed them what this stuff was coming from my valve cover and what was all over my hood. He said he was sorry because it was obviously oil. Then he gets all pissed of and starts yelling at the guys about why can't a professional Toyota technition get it to leak oil in two days but a 19 year old kid can do it in 5 mins. He apologized to me again and told me they would take care of first thing in the morning because by this time it was 5:15. I don't know what they guys down there are smoking because I even know they drove it around because my dad called me and told me he saw my truck driving around this afternoon when I was at work. So the moral is the "professional toyota technition" is a f*cking retard.

On the bright side, since my truck was in the shop the last two day I got to tap into his car collection. I drove the 69 camaro yesterday and the 600hp supercharged 05 mustang today.

2. Jul 27, 2010 at 11:20 PM
    Rally97Tacoma

Rally97Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Van Nuys
    Vehicle:
    Trophy 97 Tacoma
    3inch lift in front with rally lights and bumper, as well as lift in the back, upgraded suspension on all fours fiber glass all around, K&N short Ram intake, and little things here and there
    lol damm tech's!

I envy you I want a 69 camaro =/
    600hp mustang nice!

3. Jul 27, 2010 at 11:20 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    Glad its taken care of.

Oh and Pics of the cars or it didn't happen!!!

:worthless:

4. Jul 27, 2010 at 11:24 PM
    Jerez

Jerez SoCal LED Dash Swap

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 2wd converted to 4wd
    Estock
    sucks about the truck but sick ass mustang id drive that car neday!!

5. Jul 27, 2010 at 11:31 PM
    t.robert

t.robert [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab 4x4 Off-Road Package
    TSB in rear, 5100 in front, Limo tint all the way around, 50% tint on windshield, Grillcraft grille, 4 Hella 500 lights mounted behind grille, XDI intake, URD short shifter
    sti, mustang, camaro

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Jul 27, 2010 at 11:33 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    Very very nice! :drool:

7. Jul 28, 2010 at 4:19 AM
    SManZ

SManZ Sold the Taco in June 2020

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    Your pops is living my dream. I want a 3-car garage thats stocked and clean enough to eat off of someday...

8. Jul 28, 2010 at 4:26 AM
    PB65stang

PB65stang Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2016 F150 Lariat 4x4
    5100s (2.5" front), OEM Raptor wheels, 315/70/17 BFGs, Undercover, tint, Weathertechs.
    Sucks it's taking so long, but it actually sounds like your dealer is doing a decent job of at least acknowledging the problem. Best of luck getting it fixed.

And those cars are the tits.

9. Jul 28, 2010 at 5:47 AM
    AeroCooper

AeroCooper Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2018 Barcelona Access Cab Off Road
    Remote start, tailgate inserts, nifty key fob case, Husky X-Act floor liners, AVS vent shades, bed mat, MX4 Tonneau cover, Tyger step rails
    Sucks you had to go through that, but just to play devil's advocate for a minute...your dad saw them driving around, so you know they did and are not just blowing smoke up your ass. You saw that it wasn't leaking when you first went to pick it up. So how are they retards exactly? It makes them stupid because your truck didn't leak when they drove it?

Maybe they should have driven it longer, but you said yourself that it was leaking like crazy within 10 minutes...something sounds fishy to me.

10. Jul 28, 2010 at 6:09 AM
    fubar718

fubar718 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    2010 double cab, TRD offroad
    Loving the camaro...

11. Jul 28, 2010 at 6:19 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    I'm fucking surprised as hell that OP didn't get the "that's normal" splanation for anything they don't know how to find or fix.

12. Jul 28, 2010 at 6:27 AM
    ToucanV13

ToucanV13 You think I was rollin out here naked?

Member:
    San Diego and Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Infideled out TRD Sport 4X4
    285/70 Hankook AT-M, Window vents, TRD CAI, TRD Cat-back exhaust with WickedFlow can, AFE Throttle Body Spacer, Billy 5100 @ 2.5 and 1" block rear, RBP nerf bars, Halo HIDs, 20% tint up front
    Taalor I'm coming to your house for some test drives. Thanks!

13. Jul 28, 2010 at 9:01 AM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    did you guys know ther is a TSB out for this issue?

OP glad your getting this taken care of my dad had the same issue on his 07

14. Jul 28, 2010 at 9:23 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Better question is.....Why didn't the dealership know? They are the ones in that business on day to day basis. I fully expect dealership service writers and service mgrs at very least to be current on TSBs. If not then there must be too many to humanly expect them to be able to? That speaks volumes towards manufacturing quality if there are too many TSBs for service departments to be aware of doesn't it? It does to me.

15. Jul 28, 2010 at 1:20 PM
    SoCalBlack08

SoCalBlack08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner DC
    :burnrubber:that mustang is saaweeet!

16. Jul 28, 2010 at 1:59 PM
    HondaGM

HondaGM CallSign Monke

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    South-Pole, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2023 access cab V6
    dang greasemonkeys

17. Jul 29, 2010 at 4:17 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    All 3 of them are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Jul 29, 2010 at 5:23 AM
    Caduceus

Caduceus Well-Known Member

Member:
    in the Bluegrass
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB TRD 4x4
    I dunno, sounds like whoever you're dealing with it on the ball, or at least, cracking the whip when appropriate on his techs. Good for him. But it is a hassle, and for that you've got my sympathy.

If I see you driving around I'm going to tap the Camaro's bumper so you freak out about having to tell your dad. Then I'll say "shhhh, we can work something out.... lemme drive that car."

It sounds creepy online, but it's funnier if I said it to you.

19. Jul 29, 2010 at 5:28 AM
    AeroCooper

AeroCooper Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2018 Barcelona Access Cab Off Road
    Remote start, tailgate inserts, nifty key fob case, Husky X-Act floor liners, AVS vent shades, bed mat, MX4 Tonneau cover, Tyger step rails
    Sounds like a new signature quote for someone!! :D

Products Discussed in

To Top