Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Another horrible dealership story

Old 07-28-2010, 12:16 AM   #1
t.robert is a jewel in the rought.robert is a jewel in the rought.robert is a jewel in the rough
Name: Taylor
t.robert's Tacoma Gallery
Another horrible dealership story

So a few weeks ago I noticed there was oil leaking somewhere in my engine compartment and it was going all over my valve covers and my hood.
So last thursday I powerwashed my whole engine off so there was no residue. I drove it around for 20 mins and came back and found out that the valve cover gasket was leaking, or at least thats where it looks like it was coming from. So i continued to drive my truck around all weekend and brought it to the dealership on monday and told them my valve cover gasket was leaking, and the guy goes what makes you say that? I i said cuz there is oil everywhere and i saw it trailing down from the valve cover and thats where most of the residue was. And he goes, well that answers my stupid question.
So i leave the truck there all day and they call me around 4 and tell me that there was so much oil everywhere they can tell where its coming from so they powerwashed the engine off and drive it around and they cant get it to leak any oil. I was confused because it was leaking quite a bit and it was very noticable. He told me to come get the truck and drive it for 3 days and bring it back and I told him i just drove it for 3 days from when I cleaned it and there was too much oil in there. He said they would keep it and try it again in the morning. Well they call me at 3:30 today and tell me that they cant get it to leak oil and I need to come pick it up and if it leaks in the future to bring it back in.
I go down there and get the keys and told them I would be back in 15 mins, I drove it around for about 10 mins popped the hood and found oil on my hood and my valve covers. I took it right back to the dealer ship and aksed them what this stuff was coming from my valve cover and what was all over my hood. He said he was sorry because it was obviously oil. Then he gets all pissed of and starts yelling at the guys about why can't a professional Toyota technition get it to leak oil in two days but a 19 year old kid can do it in 5 mins. He apologized to me again and told me they would take care of first thing in the morning because by this time it was 5:15. I don't know what they guys down there are smoking because I even know they drove it around because my dad called me and told me he saw my truck driving around this afternoon when I was at work. So the moral is the "professional toyota technition" is a f*cking retard.

On the bright side, since my truck was in the shop the last two day I got to tap into his car collection. I drove the 69 camaro yesterday and the 600hp supercharged 05 mustang today.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:20 AM   #2
Rally97Tacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Alan
Rally97Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
lol damm tech's!

I envy you I want a 69 camaro =/
600hp mustang nice!
Old 07-28-2010, 12:20 AM   #3
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Glad its taken care of.

Oh and Pics of the cars or it didn't happen!!!

Old 07-28-2010, 12:24 AM   #5
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
sucks about the truck but sick ass mustang id drive that car neday!!
Old 07-28-2010, 12:31 AM   #6
t.robert is a jewel in the rought.robert is a jewel in the rought.robert is a jewel in the rough
Name: Taylor
t.robert's Tacoma Gallery
here is proof of the cars

sti, mustang, camaro

Old 07-28-2010, 12:33 AM   #7
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Very very nice!
Old 07-28-2010, 05:26 AM   #9
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
Sucks it's taking so long, but it actually sounds like your dealer is doing a decent job of at least acknowledging the problem. Best of luck getting it fixed.

And those cars are the tits.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:47 AM   #10
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
Sucks you had to go through that, but just to play devil's advocate for a minute...your dad saw them driving around, so you know they did and are not just blowing smoke up your ass. You saw that it wasn't leaking when you first went to pick it up. So how are they retards exactly? It makes them stupid because your truck didn't leak when they drove it?

Maybe they should have driven it longer, but you said yourself that it was leaking like crazy within 10 minutes...something sounds fishy to me.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:09 AM   #11
fubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jose
fubar718's Tacoma Gallery
Loving the camaro...
Old 07-28-2010, 07:19 AM   #12
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I'm fucking surprised as hell that OP didn't get the "that's normal" splanation for anything they don't know how to find or fix.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:27 AM   #13
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
Taalor I'm coming to your house for some test drives. Thanks!
Old 07-28-2010, 10:23 AM   #15
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masada View Post
did you guys know ther is a TSB out for this issue?
Better question is.....Why didn't the dealership know? They are the ones in that business on day to day basis. I fully expect dealership service writers and service mgrs at very least to be current on TSBs. If not then there must be too many to humanly expect them to be able to? That speaks volumes towards manufacturing quality if there are too many TSBs for service departments to be aware of doesn't it? It does to me.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:20 PM   #17
SoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalBlack08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.robert View Post
sti, mustang, camaro

that mustang is saaweeet!
Old 07-28-2010, 02:59 PM   #18
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
dang greasemonkeys
Old 07-29-2010, 05:17 AM   #19
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBlack08 View Post
that mustang is saaweeet!
All 3 of them are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2010, 06:23 AM   #20
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
I dunno, sounds like whoever you're dealing with it on the ball, or at least, cracking the whip when appropriate on his techs. Good for him. But it is a hassle, and for that you've got my sympathy.

If I see you driving around I'm going to tap the Camaro's bumper so you freak out about having to tell your dad. Then I'll say "shhhh, we can work something out.... lemme drive that car."

It sounds creepy online, but it's funnier if I said it to you.