Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

valve noise

Old 06-20-2008, 11:10 PM   #1
UNHAPPY GREG is on a distinguished road
UNHAPPY GREG's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy valve noise

Toyota Has Gave Me The Run Around I Have A Loud Valve Ticking On The Left Bank. They Have Done A Valve Adj. X 2 Each Time It Goes Away For A Short Time Then Comes Back. I Asked The District Service Tech For Toyota Why They Can't Make The One Cylinder Sound Like The Other Five (no Ticking). He Said I Don't Know. So I Called Toyota To Make A Claim And They Told Me What Ever The District Tech Say's Is Gold And That They Can't Help Me Also I Have A Shutter When I Accerlate And He Said Thats Axel Wrap And It's All Normal My P.o.s. Is A 2006 Tacoma Trd Sport 4.0 With 26000 Mi Has Anyone Had The Same Problem Thanks Greg.

P.s. I Have 2 1985 4 Runner's With 180,00 And 287,00 Mi With Stock Engine's In Them Still Running Great What Has Toyota Done To Us.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:02 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNHAPPY GREG View Post
Toyota Has Gave Me The Run Around I Have A Loud Valve Ticking On The Left Bank. They Have Done A Valve Adj. X 2 Each Time It Goes Away For A Short Time Then Comes Back. I Asked The District Service Tech For Toyota Why They Can't Make The One Cylinder Sound Like The Other Five (no Ticking). He Said I Don't Know. So I Called Toyota To Make A Claim And They Told Me What Ever The District Tech Say's Is Gold And That They Can't Help Me Also I Have A Shutter When I Accerlate And He Said Thats Axel Wrap And It's All Normal My P.o.s. Is A 2006 Tacoma Trd Sport 4.0 With 26000 Mi Has Anyone Had The Same Problem Thanks Greg.

P.s. I Have 2 1985 4 Runner's With 180,00 And 287,00 Mi With Stock Engine's In Them Still Running Great What Has Toyota Done To Us.
The shuddering on accel, sounds like your carier bearing. Do you have a lift? Can you try another dealership?
Old 06-21-2008, 06:20 AM   #3
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Chris-dont these motors have non-adjustable lifters? How do you 'adjust' a valve?? This guy HAS to be able to have this corrected! You NEVER should have to settle for this bullsh*t buddy! I would LIVE there at that dealer until they do the right thing.
Old 06-21-2008, 07:00 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Hey Chris-dont these motors have non-adjustable lifters? How do you 'adjust' a valve?? This guy HAS to be able to have this corrected! You NEVER should have to settle for this bullsh*t buddy! I would LIVE there at that dealer until they do the right thing.
I dont think they have lifters. I cant find any info on the 4.0 v6, but, Im pretty sure its a shim under bucket design. I may be wrong on this. Regardless, they dont have an adjustment schedual. The ticking may also be emission related. I found a post on this and brought it over here. Do a search for "ticking" and you should find it. The mods should make it a sticky.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:33 PM   #5
UNHAPPY GREG is on a distinguished road
UNHAPPY GREG's Tacoma Gallery
No I Don't Have A Lift Yes It's A Shim Under Bucket That's Why I Want To Get Rid Of The Ticking On Top Of That The At Idle Ti Feels Like It Drop's A Cylinder And Vibrates Enough To Make It Hard To See Out The Side Mirror And The Toyta Rep Say's Thats Normal And They All Dio It Thats Why I Was Asking If Anyone Is Having The Same Problem As I Thank's Unhappy Greg