Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

2rz-fe spark plugs - best for mpg/power

Old 06-23-2008, 09:59 AM   #1
wosneski is on a distinguished road
wosneski's Tacoma Gallery
2rz-fe spark plugs - best for mpg/power

I'm sure this has been covered before, but the search function didn't help me out.

Just traded my 14mpg Ram for an '00 2rz-fe tacoma with 93k. Soon I'm going to replace or at least clean and re-gap the spark plugs in my 00 2rz-fe. Owner's manual specifies Denso K16R-U and NGK BKR5EYA. Autozone is likely going to have some equivalent AutoLite in stock, which is fine, but I'd like to know exactly what people have used & which is the best for power/mpg, etc. And what they have gapped them at.

Like last time I bought the Autozone counter-special for my Ram, I later learned there were some better Autolite plugs with a lower heat range that I could have bought instead for mpg/power.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:15 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
MPG and "power" are mutually exclusive, you can't have both, it's either one or the other, can't have the best of both worlds.

Don't use anything other than Denso or NGK plugs, our trucks don't play well with other brands. The correct gap is .044. If you get them from the dealer or sparkplugs.com they will come pre-gapped.