LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Angry Eyelids: Poll

View Poll Results: Color matched Eyelids or Not?
Color matched White 46 88.46%
Flat Black 6 11.54%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2010, 07:49 AM   #1
I'm Not Your F***ing Brother
Paul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Paul's TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Eyelids: Poll

So I ordered some Eyelids and after seeing the pics I'm kinda torn between either painting them white to match the truck as others have or hit with a coat of black. what do you guys think?
Old 08-02-2010, 07:55 AM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Do it white. It will be to hard to notice if you do it black.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:56 AM   #3
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
You have the smoked lights right? The flat black might be too dark. And the white lids would probably flow nice with the color matched grille.
You could ask in the photoshop request thread someone would probably be able to do that pretty easily for you.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:32 AM   #5
Protected by Glock
Vidman will become famous soon enoughVidman will become famous soon enough
Name: Rick
Vidman's Tacoma Gallery
white will look much better
Old 08-02-2010, 08:39 AM   #6
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
white would look better IMO
Old 08-02-2010, 09:48 AM   #7
Paul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Color matched it is.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:11 AM   #8
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul's TRD View Post
Color matched it is.
Good choice. Yeah before I painted mine they were a dark gray color and I put them up to the headlight to test fit them and they didnt even stand out. But then again I had the BHLM's so maybe thats why. But yeah, def paint them white though,
Old 08-02-2010, 11:42 AM   #9

thanks everyone. I guess that was the obvious answer, but needed that determining factor.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:33 PM   #10
YeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Honor Guard-Now out of Honor Guard getting ready for MK "A" School
Name: Thomas
YeahYeah's Tacoma Gallery
how do you do this mod? anyone?
Old 08-02-2010, 06:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeahYeah View Post
how do you do this mod? anyone?
You have to purchase the eyelids. I got mine off of ebay from a guy who makes them out of fiberglass. no real effort to it except the painting part.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:33 PM   #12
Señor Member
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
first of all, nice set up on ur truck lol...i got the same rims,
2nd paint them white man. i got mine paint black @ first n u couldnt really see them so then i color matched it to silver as my truck n they look waaaaayyy better
Old 08-05-2010, 10:42 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
first of all, nice set up on ur truck lol...i got the same rims,
2nd paint them white man. i got mine paint black @ first n u couldnt really see them so then i color matched it to silver as my truck n they look waaaaayyy better
Thanks Jerez, Nice rig you got yourself too. Yeah, I decided that i'm gonna paint them color matched. Just ordered the paint, so I should have them on in about a week. since, they come in with the black gel coat, i just laid them on top of the light and noticed what everyone was talking about not being able to see them as much.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:08 PM   #14
sirwamz has a spectacular aura aboutsirwamz has a spectacular aura about

Navy: Gas Systems Technician (Mechanical), USS Donald Cook (DDG 75) [2004-2009]
sirwamz's Tacoma Gallery
Where you order the paint from? Post pics after you paint the lids. I'm thinking about getting some too.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:32 PM   #15

I got the paint from this Ebay Seller. After asking another member he said it was a perfect match.

http://stores.ebay.com/Spray-Cans-Unlimited