Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Strange brake problem

Old 08-02-2010, 04:23 PM   #1
yodataco is on a distinguished road
yodataco's Tacoma Gallery
Strange brake problem

I have a 2007 Tacoma standard cab 4 cylinder. I have a brake line leak somewhere that is causing my driver side floorboard and mat to get saturated in brake fluid. Any idea where the hell this would be coming from?
Old 08-02-2010, 04:28 PM   #2
YeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Honor Guard-Now out of Honor Guard getting ready for MK "A" School
Name: Thomas
YeahYeah's Tacoma Gallery
look underneath the car and follow the brake line. more than likely you hit something that could have ripped the line. but weird that its leaking inside!
Old 08-02-2010, 08:04 PM   #3
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Is it a manual trans? The clutch master cylinder uses brake fluid. It's inside the cab on the clutch pedal linkage.
The brake master cylinder is in front of the firewall. It would have to leak through the vaccum booster to get into the cab from there.