Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

2010 Tacoma Owners - Tranny Kickdown on Turns?

Old 08-04-2010, 07:15 PM   #1
TRD Lover
tacomatamer is on a distinguished road
Name: Todd
tacomatamer's Tacoma Gallery
2010 Tacoma Owners - Tranny Kickdown on Turns?

I have a 2010 tacoma 4x4 doublecab, and since day one it seems the truck kicks down a gear too much when I slow down and take a turn.

Simply put, it goes like this...

Slow down for right turn, take the turn, get back on the gas naturally and it seems like it downshifts to first gear and the engine revs real high...then shifts to 2nd. It just doesnt "sound" right and Im getting ready to take it back to the dealer, but wanted to know if I am the only one experiencing this?

thanks for any input!
Old 08-04-2010, 07:16 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
There's a TSB for this. Search for the 2009+ transmission TSB. A simple ECU reflash will cure you.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:17 PM   #3
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, TSB about this, many of us have had the same issue. Told me dealer about it and mentioned the TSB and that was that, reflashed the ECU and it shifts fine now.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:18 PM   #4
TRD Lover
Thank you very much! SO it sounds like a simple fix under warranty.

You'd think they would have cured this before it went on the lot since mine is a 2010?

In any case, thank you very much for your reply!
Old 08-04-2010, 07:19 PM   #6
TRD Lover
You guys are great - taking it in tomorrow armed with this info - which will make life MUCH easier!
Old 08-04-2010, 07:27 PM   #7
Cogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Justin
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for this thread. I've been having this problem with my 09 for about a year, and has been driving me insane. Had no idea about this TSB stuff. Give them a call tomorrow, thanks again!
Old 08-04-2010, 07:29 PM   #8
TRD Lover
Yeah, Ive had my '10 for about 9 months and just kind of thought to myself...it must just DO that...but then today it just really got to me. Thus, I found this forum and now I have my answers!
Old 08-04-2010, 07:57 PM   #9
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
You know I've got the same problem with my truck, so I took it to my dealer ship here's what they say word for word "it's normal".

They said that even after I marched in there and said "my truck has such and such problem and I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT there is a TSB for this problem, I know many other tacoma drivers have had this same problem and have had it fixed".

"its normal" those F***s. To freaking lazy to do anything about it, even after I took one of there "certified techs" for a ride so that he can see about it.

Crap I'm going back soon and gonna get them to do it this time.

Thanks for the TSB link OZ-T.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:01 PM   #10
Cogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Justin
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
Walk in with the TSB print off, a can of gas, and lighter I bet they fix it! Might be a little while before you can test it out though
Old 08-04-2010, 08:15 PM   #11
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogge89 View Post
Walk in with the TSB print off, a can of gas, and lighter I bet they fix it! Might be a little while before you can test it out though
What do you mean a while?