LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Airbag light issue...

Old 08-05-2010, 10:02 AM   #1
jwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of light

Name: JW
jwhelan's Tacoma Gallery
Airbag light issue...

My airbag light in the dash on the speedo side came on and stays on with nothing in the passenger seat...any ideas?
Old 08-05-2010, 10:33 AM   #3
jwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of light

jwhelan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Bad sensor, unplugged wires?? Have you stuffed another under the seats or removed them recently?? Made any electrical changes??
No but I will check...
Old 08-05-2010, 04:27 PM   #4

jwhelan's Tacoma Gallery
Checked wires everything in intact, anyone know where the sensor is?
Old 08-05-2010, 04:46 PM   #5
Taco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Dependent, pops was a Major
Name: Alex
Taco505's Tacoma Gallery
if its in the dash the little red light then the spring or wire (behind the steering wheel) whatever it is that tells the air bag to go off it most likely broken. so in other words if you get in a wreck where the air bag needs to deploy it wont.

this happened to me and i took it to the dealership they told me it would cost $350 to fix it, all thought i was out of warranty i told them eff that its safety equipment thats is standard its not optional so fix it. they argued with me and told me that only the seat belts were covered and i said nope fix it or the GM, BBB, and attorney general will be getting a call from me. they said sorry to bad and i told them to look forward to hearing from me they called on my way home and said they would fix it for no charge

just get it fixed, and dont take no for an answer best to keep you and others safe
Old 08-05-2010, 05:58 PM   #6

jwhelan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco505 View Post
if its in the dash the little red light then the spring or wire (behind the steering wheel) whatever it is that tells the air bag to go off it most likely broken. so in other words if you get in a wreck where the air bag needs to deploy it wont.

this happened to me and i took it to the dealership they told me it would cost $350 to fix it, all thought i was out of warranty i told them eff that its safety equipment thats is standard its not optional so fix it. they argued with me and told me that only the seat belts were covered and i said nope fix it or the GM, BBB, and attorney general will be getting a call from me. they said sorry to bad and i told them to look forward to hearing from me they called on my way home and said they would fix it for no charge

just get it fixed, and dont take no for an answer best to keep you and others safe
Not under warranty any longer
Old 08-05-2010, 06:11 PM   #7
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
It is a bad wire harness... My '05 light came on... out of warantee... close to $400 to fix.

Definate a Toyota product failure that many of us have had... It was the only failure on my 2005 Tacoma (other than the soft rear springs) that I had to pay for in 102,000 miles... not bad at all, IMO.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:23 PM   #8
Taco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco505's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhelan View Post
Not under warranty any longer
i was out of warranty as well, but they did it for free
Old 08-05-2010, 09:32 PM   #9
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
when the airbag light came on, it turned out to be the clock spring on mine. about 3-400 for the dealer to fix
Old 08-05-2010, 09:37 PM   #10

Taco505's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by afd23a View Post
when the airbag light came on, it turned out to be the clock spring on mine. about 3-400 for the dealer to fix
thats exactly what it is i couldnt remember the damn name haha