Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

got a "safety recall notice"

Old 08-05-2010, 04:43 PM   #1
tacoman2.7 is on a distinguished road
Name: papakracker
tacoman2.7's Tacoma Gallery
got a "safety recall notice"

Potential floor mat interference. They want to modify gas pedal,install override sys, and vac my carpet. 1.5 hrs worth. is this a trap? should I make the appt?
Old 08-05-2010, 04:49 PM   #2
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
I just got one as well. i don't want them to do anything, does anyone know how to go about telling them to piss off?
Old 08-05-2010, 04:51 PM   #3
if you have to ask, u can't afford it
tacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ray
tacobo670's Tacoma Gallery
u dont have to go get it done if u dont want. but if u get into an accident and u try to scam about the pedal getting stuck, its toyotas way of covering their ass saying that we sent u a notice n u never came in. i havent done mine either. i have no probs with my mats or pedal. i keep it clean.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:38 AM   #4
Barnone
Barnone's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, It's a trap.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:40 AM   #5
Simms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: David
Simms65's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Simms65
I got the notice in an email. I'm not going to have it done either.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:53 AM   #6
lazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedlazaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garry
lazaro's Tacoma Gallery
I got one from the mail and it did not even came from the actual dealer where I bought my truck. They urge me to call them and set an appointment. I have heard from some guys here they will trim the gas pedals even dump your floormat and replace it with a cheapo rubber mat. The mat replacing is done even without your consent. Some guys who have bought a better set of mats are upset because dealership dispose of them.

I sense a trap.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:08 AM   #7
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
ITS A TARP! I just got the same letter in the mail. There isn't anything wrong with the dang gas pedal mat or anything. It's deffinatly all driver error IMO plus if I get it done they make it so if u press the brake and gas at the same time it cuts engine power. How else am I going to make on wheel stop spinning when I'm stuck on a trail with my open differential??
Old 08-09-2010, 06:26 PM   #8
Ace83 will become famous soon enoughAce83 will become famous soon enough
Ace83's Tacoma Gallery
just got one today... i wonder who ever had this problem? coz i never have issues.. so anyone has theirs done? what modifications are they supposed to do?
Old 08-09-2010, 10:10 PM   #9
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace83 View Post
just got one today... i wonder who ever had this problem? coz i never have issues.. so anyone has theirs done? what modifications are they supposed to do?
pedal trim, new floor mats and through away ur after market ones. new override sys so if u hit the gas and brake at the same time it cuts power, and a floor mat steam wash
Old 08-09-2010, 10:21 PM   #10
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know if they will do just the brake override without cutting the pedal?
Old 08-09-2010, 10:26 PM   #11
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
they aint touching my truck, i even told my Dad that im not doing it. Ive had my truck for 3 years and have had no problem, i trust my truck and God forbid if my pedal "sticks" ill just pop it in neutral and brake and turn off the motor....
Old 08-10-2010, 07:07 AM   #12
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman2.7 View Post
Potential floor mat interference. They want to modify gas pedal,install override sys, and vac my carpet. 1.5 hrs worth. is this a trap? should I make the appt?
If you want the cut down gas pedal...let me know, I'll trade you mine for your stock OEM pedal.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:18 AM   #13
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Got one as well,
Not real interested in the new set up.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:36 AM   #14
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
They cut my pedal looks like shit!
Old 08-10-2010, 08:52 AM   #15
Ace83 will become famous soon enoughAce83 will become famous soon enough
Ace83's Tacoma Gallery
im down just for the carpet cleaning haha!
Old 08-10-2010, 08:59 AM   #16
Katzo production
leo08pirate has a spectacular aura aboutleo08pirate has a spectacular aura about

Name: Leo
leo08pirate's Tacoma Gallery
Where i get my truck service (My Job) they offer a free 24 hour rental and if you dont like the way they shaved your pedal you could go back to them and ask for a new pedal and they would order a new one. The pedal being ordered already come with all the modifications and looks clean......
Old 08-10-2010, 12:49 PM   #17
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by leo08pirate View Post
Where i get my truck service (My Job) they offer a free 24 hour rental and if you dont like the way they shaved your pedal you could go back to them and ask for a new pedal and they would order a new one. The pedal being ordered already come with all the modifications and looks clean......
please post a picture.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:47 PM   #18
Katzo production
leo08pirate has a spectacular aura aboutleo08pirate has a spectacular aura about

Name: Leo
leo08pirate's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
please post a picture.

my shaved pedal looks ok i guess seen worse ones

also i told them to order me a new pedal and they are at no charge.. and will put it at no cost
<<<<<<<<<<<Warranty is paying for all this >>>>>>>>>

They would order a pedal if you dont like the way it turned out (new pedal comes with mods and everything)
Old 08-11-2010, 06:25 PM   #19
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
UPDATE: I called my local dealer, told them i don't want them hacking my truck. She seemed like she knew waht she was talking about and said........
You will not be able to register the vehicle because an official recall like this assoicated with the vin goes to the dmv, and when they see that the recall has not been done, you cannot renew registration. Is that just complete bs?
Old 08-11-2010, 09:10 PM   #20
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewskie View Post
UPDATE: I called my local dealer, told them i don't want them hacking my truck. She seemed like she knew waht she was talking about and said........
You will not be able to register the vehicle because an official recall like this assoicated with the vin goes to the dmv, and when they see that the recall has not been done, you cannot renew registration. Is that just complete bs?
Sounds like BS to me. In fact, I just re-registered my 2010 and this recall is a pending recall. I've got the red 2011 sticker to prove it

Call her back and see if she can cite the CVC that says they wont. I'd have believed it if CA were an inspection state but it isn't.