1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear Diff Locker Help?

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by stillar, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Aug 6, 2010 at 3:42 PM
    stillar

stillar [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2002 trd
    Elite Fab front bumper, 6" fab tech lift,deck mod, rear diff ext, warn winch m8000, Looking for Ideas on rear Bumper
    I just bought a 99 trd. I have read a bounch of threads about the locker. I just took my truck out in a sand pit climbing hills. So had it in 4 hi. Put it into 4lo when stoped and in N. That worked. But i could't get the light to stop flashing when i tried the locker. So i put it on a hill and climbed slowly so I could spin to see if it actually was locked. So in 4 hi 1 back tire spins, but in 4 lo both turn at the same speed, and then when the locker light is flashing both rear tires spin at the same speed as well. So what is the difference from 4 lo to when its locked. I was wondering if it was flashing could it actually be in locked, because turning was really hard. I tried all angles back and forth turning the wheels to try and get it in but the light would still just flash. I've read a bounch of these kind of threads but thought I would still ask. Any help would me great.Thanks

2. Aug 6, 2010 at 6:32 PM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    Flashing means NOT locked.

Products Discussed in

To Top