Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Mini United Welding Services Toolbox

Old 03-25-2007, 07:38 PM   #1
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Mini United Welding Services Toolbox

I just came across these tool boxes. http://www.uwsta.com/blue_slim_line.htmlThey seemed like a pretty good fit for me as I want to keep some of the extra things out of the cab but I also want to keep the bed pretty open. It looks like it will extend away from the cab about 11 inches into the bed and 5" below the top of the bed. It is a no drill installation, installed the J-hooks. I called around and I was able to find a black powder coated one for $170 installed.

Does anyone else know of similar toolboxes that will still allow me to slide plywood all the way against the cab?
Old 03-27-2007, 05:42 PM   #2
TacoMan is on a distinguished road

TacoMan's Tacoma Gallery
I have a UWS. I love it. Mine is the shallow as pictured. I searched and researched over a month before deciding on it. There is one that is twice the depth and would still allow for stuff to fit under it, just not plywood due to its width.There is only one other manufacturer that offers a slimline style for the Taco that I would consider, and they are more expensive. I am pleased with the construction. Everything is square, and all the welds are solid.

Edit: will have to add UWS pic later
Old 03-27-2007, 05:57 PM   #3
TacoMan is on a distinguished road

TacoMan's Tacoma Gallery
This is the other: Deflecta-shield Challenger midsize (see pic)

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/I...D:100000317413

Kobalt from Lowes also offers a slim truck box, but I don't care fore their sizes
Attached Thumbnails
Mini United Welding Services Toolbox-truck-box_deflecta-shield.gif  
Old 03-27-2007, 06:01 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
i have a uws box and love it
Old 03-29-2007, 09:11 AM   #5
RAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RAPOM's Tacoma Gallery
I have a UWS and am pretty happy with it. A few days a week I pretty much live out of my truck and the extra storage is great. I would have thought Toyota would have tossed in a few bolts that hook up to the rail system for tool boxes as so many pickup truck owners have them. Anyway, UWS tool box lids are insulated and very strong, I sit on mine alot at races and it hasn't dented yet.