Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Lost my turn signals. Emergency flashers still work????

Old 08-07-2010, 07:56 PM   #1
6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nate
6spdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Lost my turn signals. Emergency flashers still work????

I was trying to figure out what terminal went to what wire on the trailer wiring harness (installing a new end plug into my bumper). I got a little spark off of what I think was a turn signal. I thought that was a little sketchy, so I disconnect the negative terminal of the battery, and just guessed on the wires from other forum posts. When I turned the truck back on everything worked EXCEPT the turn signals. What the hell did I do?
Old 08-07-2010, 08:12 PM   #3
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Search this- I've answered this question before and we've had it figured out.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:22 PM   #4
6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I have a manual trans. Fuses are all good.
I search for other posts on the subject and didn't find much.

Is my best bet a new relay? If so where can I buy one?
Old 08-08-2010, 07:45 AM   #6
Barnone
Barnone's Tacoma Gallery
Auto parts store.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyScottETC View Post
Search this- I've answered this question before and we've had it figured out.

I've done some searching. All I have found is a lot of people scratching their heads, and no real answers.

Let me dumb it down and maybe someone can give me a simple answer instead of some smart ass comment that doesn't help anything.

Turn signals don't work, no check engine light, truck drives fine. Also a symptom I overlooked, no speedometer reading. Could both things be the flasher relay? Are they related somehow?

constructive answers would be appreciated.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:46 PM   #8
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/05+/data/.../h/em01d14.pdf

At the risk of being redundant, here is the wiring diagram for an 06 showing the two fuses that run the signals/flashers. Still looking for something that would jack your speedo up.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:49 PM   #9
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/05+/data/.../h/em01d45.pdf

Looks like there is one common fuse for signals and speed sensor also. I would check the fuses again. Two fuse boxes on this truck, one under hood, one to left of steering wheel behind coin tray. Not sure where the ign 1 fuse is.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:49 PM   #10

thanks, I found a diagram similar to that in my Chiltons. The speedometer thing is what is really confusing me.

Anyone know how much a new flasher relay costs?
Old 08-09-2010, 05:27 PM   #11

Replaced IGN 1 fuse, speedo works now. Ordered flasher relay from dealer. $56. Will be here in a few days. Hope it fixes things!