Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

unused buttons on 07 sport 4x4

Old 06-27-2008, 01:02 PM   #1
707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

707taco's Tacoma Gallery
unused buttons on 07 sport 4x4

Does anyone know what the wireing harness behind the unused buttons on left side of the dash under the fog light switch is for i popped the buttons that i thought were blanks to find two un used wireing harneses stuck in the back of a blank button can anyone tell me where these go or what they r for thanks .....
Old 03-22-2009, 12:13 PM   #4
Outdoorsman is on a distinguished road
Outdoorsman's Tacoma Gallery
Unused Buttons Have Wiring Harnesses

Here is a picture of three of the four button blanks on the left dash of my 2007 TRD Sport. I know these blanks are for options that the Off Road would have that the Sport does not, like VSC, DAC, etc., but why the wiring harnesses? I assume the button blank without the wiring harness is the spot for the locking diff., but what exactly are the other buttons for on the Off Road model? Are the wiring harnesses actually functional in the Sport? In otherwords, does it just take the switch (button) to make those options work? Sounds pretty unreasonable to me, but just wanted to see if anyone knew for sure?

unused buttons on 07 sport 4x4-img_1425.jpg
Old 04-28-2009, 02:11 PM   #5
yan is one of the sharper tools in the shedyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedyan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
yan's Tacoma Gallery
i also want to know if the buttons just make the options work... sounds like this question hasn't been answered here?
Old 04-28-2009, 02:14 PM   #6
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
adding buttons obviously wont make them work guys. A button does not turn the LSD into a locking differential or magically put the rest of the parts in place. They might be PREWIRED for different option meaning you need the hardware and a switch, but no wiring