1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

unused buttons on 07 sport 4x4

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by 707taco, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Jun 27, 2008 at 1:02 PM
    707taco

707taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    kila cali
    Vehicle:
    07,trd,sport,4dr,lgb,Debadged
    07 DC longbed trd sport 4WD debaged 5% tint, downey adj. 3"lift kit,custom rock rails, trd seat covers, custom matching door arm rests,, vent visors, all weather tacoma floor matts, grillecraft grille w/ upside down painted emblem on it, total chaos upper control arms,leer camper shell,pro comp wheels,285/70/17 BF Goodrich All-Terrains,Home made rear bumper,Front under const.
    Does anyone know what the wireing harness behind the unused buttons on left side of the dash under the fog light switch is for i popped the buttons that i thought were blanks to find two un used wireing harneses stuck in the back of a blank button can anyone tell me where these go or what they r for thanks .....

2. Jun 27, 2008 at 1:15 PM
    wiscdave

wiscdave Lets Do It!

Member:
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Rock Warrior
    Past ride - 3" OME 885s&Shocks/ TSB 1.5AAL/ AX184 Rims 285 Firestone destination ATs/ 2 Shallow mount P310s in Supercrew Box - Punch 601s, Beefed up Hunter Brush guard, Tint, Fog light mod, AFE Drop in, AC and Fog light mods, scangauge
    towing relays?

3. Jun 27, 2008 at 1:38 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I'm pretty sure that's for the VSC control stuff....

4. Mar 22, 2009 at 12:13 PM
    Outdoorsman

Outdoorsman Active Member

Member:
    Iowa
    Vehicle:
    '07 Double Cab Long Bed V6 Auto SR5 TRD Sport
    Stock (for now)
    Here is a picture of three of the four button blanks on the left dash of my 2007 TRD Sport. I know these blanks are for options that the Off Road would have that the Sport does not, like VSC, DAC, etc., but why the wiring harnesses? I assume the button blank without the wiring harness is the spot for the locking diff., but what exactly are the other buttons for on the Off Road model? Are the wiring harnesses actually functional in the Sport? In otherwords, does it just take the switch (button) to make those options work? Sounds pretty unreasonable to me, but just wanted to see if anyone knew for sure?

IMG_1425.jpg

5. Apr 28, 2009 at 2:11 PM
    yan

yan Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    06 CC TURD!
    i also want to know if the buttons just make the options work... sounds like this question hasn't been answered here?

6. Apr 28, 2009 at 2:14 PM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    adding buttons obviously wont make them work guys. A button does not turn the LSD into a locking differential or magically put the rest of the parts in place. They might be PREWIRED for different option meaning you need the hardware and a switch, but no wiring

Products Discussed in

To Top