Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

transmission slippin? problems? AHHHHH

Old 08-12-2010, 04:53 PM   #1
cwitters86 is on a distinguished road
cwitters86's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation transmission slippin? problems? AHHHHH

The Ride: 01 prerunner v6 automatic tranny ext cab (NO 4x4) 155k miles on it

The Problem: I bought the truck back in January this year, about 3 months ago i noticed the truck doesnt click in gear as well for reverse. Like it will naturally go backwords but when you accelerate it slips. Then, this last weekend it did it in drive. I went to accelerate and it jus rev'd up the rpms as if it was in neutral. I stop the truck put it in park then back in drive and all was fine, which hasnt happened again in drive. But now that i think about it, the truck has seem to have died down on the acceleration when i hit the gas, not even close to the power the v6 showed when i first bought the truck. Almost as if the trucks tranny has slipped and doesnt quit give out its full potential. What could it be? A friend suggested a tranny flush but i checked the oil and it wasn't so terrible to be causing this. Any answers? Thanks!
Old 08-12-2010, 06:42 PM   #2
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
Change out fluid to B&M Trick Shift? Worked on my Buick.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:27 PM   #3
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwitters86 View Post
The Ride: 01 prerunner v6 automatic tranny ext cab (NO 4x4) 155k miles on it

The Problem: I bought the truck back in January this year, about 3 months ago i noticed the truck doesnt click in gear as well for reverse. Like it will naturally go backwords but when you accelerate it slips. Then, this last weekend it did it in drive. I went to accelerate and it jus rev'd up the rpms as if it was in neutral. I stop the truck put it in park then back in drive and all was fine, which hasnt happened again in drive. But now that i think about it, the truck has seem to have died down on the acceleration when i hit the gas, not even close to the power the v6 showed when i first bought the truck. Almost as if the trucks tranny has slipped and doesnt quit give out its full potential. What could it be? A friend suggested a tranny flush but i checked the oil and it wasn't so terrible to be causing this. Any answers? Thanks!
in 155k miles how many times filter inside the tranny was changed if never, I would drop the tranny pan replace filter refill with Mobil ATF Synthethic and see what happens. Filter in the tranny is very often forgotten and no flush will remove dirt out of it.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:49 PM   #4
Watching Chris4x4 o.O
borderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Navy: Leading seaman, Electrical Technician, CFFS(E), Pacific Fleet
Name: Jeremy
borderbrat's Tacoma Gallery
filter not enough pressure to keep it engaged would be my first assumption. drain, change filter, flush and refill.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:38 AM   #5
cwitters86 is on a distinguished road
cwitters86's Tacoma Gallery
changing the filter out hard to do?
Old 08-13-2010, 05:58 AM   #6
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
It's not really a filter on this tranny. It's more of a strainer.

Relatively simple procedure. Follow steps 1-6. I would rate it a 2 out of 5 (5 being hardest), and only because of the mess factor.

http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/2003/Repa...ea/vba/ovr.pdf