Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Will not crank. Can NEW Windshield cause this.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:31 PM   #1
alger1455 is on a distinguished road
Marines: SGT
alger1455's Tacoma Gallery
Will not crank. Does Now, but no Key-less entry!!!

Hi i am new here.
Took my 2001 Tacoma in for a new windshield. Went to pick it up and now will not crank. Every thing powers up but did to the starter. Also my Key less entry will not work. Any Ideas? Never any noise from the starter before.
Thanks Cody
Old 06-29-2008, 07:41 PM   #2
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alger1455 View Post
Hi i am new here.
Took my 2001 Tacoma in for a new windshield. Went to pick it up and now will not crank. Every thing powers up but did to the starter. Also my Key less entry will not work. Any Ideas? Never any noise from the starter before.
Thanks Cody
Check corroded battery cables. Check corroded ground cables. This has happened to me before in my Frontier. The corrosion in the cables is not bad enough to not power up the accessories, but starting the motor takes a ton of current. Check it out and let us know.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:43 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
maybe a blown fuse??? check the cables like klown was saying....could be it. if so.....scrub them with some baking soda and water to clean them up.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:45 PM   #4
Thanks For the tip klown. Brand new battery, and spot less terminals. Is there a Glass safety switch on this truck? I have the Toyota Security system. My key less entry beeps when i hit the button. Now it does not.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:50 PM   #5
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Ahh, I wonder if that's it. Can you figure out away to disable the kill switch on the alarm? Or even disable the alarm? That looks to be your problem. Friggin alarms, pieces of shit.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:50 PM   #6
tacomaman06 Hey Fellow Arrow Fling-er. I checked all the Fuse's. It is just weired that all of a sudden dead. When it has never missed a beat.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:58 PM   #7
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
tacomaman06 Hey Fellow Arrow Fling-er. I checked all the Fuse's. It is just weired that all of a sudden dead. When it has never missed a beat.
hey bud.....yeah.......i love shooting my bow. as for the truck not cranking......it just may end up being the alarm system. you may need to disconncet the power to the alarm and see what happens then. hope it gets squared away quickly for ya!
Old 06-29-2008, 08:09 PM   #8
I love to hunt them deer. I cut my teeth in the south. Grew up in GA. But met my Wife in College (Western Illinois University) Her parents have a farm in Pike CO. Good buy little deer. Hello Big deer. I am now a yankee for life

Yes this is quite frustrating. bought 08 Tundra. Sold the Tacoma. Told buyer i would have the windshield replaced. Went to pick up truck to day and dead. Really embarrassing. I called a friend and he said some of the new cars have Windshield brake sensors.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:14 PM   #9

Quote:
I love to hunt them deer. I cut my teeth in the south. Grew up in GA. But met my Wife in College (Western Illinois University) Her parents have a farm in Pike CO. Good buy little deer. Hello Big deer. I am now a yankee for life

Yes this is quite frustrating. bought 08 Tundra. Sold the Tacoma. Told buyer i would have the windshield replaced. Went to pick up truck to day and dead. Really embarrassing. I called a friend and he said some of the new cars have Windshield brake sensors.
definitely big deer up that way man. i eventually wanna hunt deer in ohio, pennsylvania, and up in canada........saskatchewan to be exact.

did you get the windshield repaired at the dealer or where?? may end up needing to go to the dealership to be fixed if you dont figure it out pretty soon.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:42 PM   #10
OK, I was reading a post from another forum. It said to take the positive off for a couple of min's. Then put it back on and use the key to lock and unlock the drivers side door a few times. Well now it starts!!!!
But the Key-less entry still does not work and do BEEB BEEB.
I am at my wits end. Which is not very long to start with.

Does any one have a Diagram, or Fact sheet on the OEM Security system? My Book does not say much about it.

Thanks For the help U'all.