1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

automatic transmission shifter jump?

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by drifter, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Aug 21, 2010 at 9:29 PM
    drifter

drifter [OP] moderately modded

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    good stuff
    OME 880's/Nitrochargers, Rebuilt leaf packs, diff breather extension, hole in air box, truck toolbox, panasonic stereo, Mag light mount, Glasstite canopy, Custom designed/built light bar, Hella 500's.
    the other day while driving up my wash boarded bumpy driveway, i noticed that my shifter was bouncing back and forth between Drive and Neutral. *the red dot was bouncing between the two* Is this common/supposed to happen? If I hit something hard enough would it jump out of gear?

pic of shifter with red dot
    [​IMG]

2. Aug 21, 2010 at 9:32 PM
    Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Indego Ink TRD OR
    Electric Tail Gate Lock, EZ Down + Cable Mod, Galvanized Underbody, DK 9000, CloudRider SS Grill insert. BakFlip HD, Cabin Air Filter mod, Alarm, Zero Rust !
    Don't think it will jump out of gear. Best is look at the dash indicator and see if it's moving there. I have a habit of putting my hand on it in kind of that situation. New one on me though, never heard of it before. Maybe there is a adjustment ? Other trucks have adjustments. Don't know about the Tacoma. If it's just the indicator and not the shifter I would not worry about it.

3. Aug 21, 2010 at 9:39 PM
    98_Mud_bug

98_Mud_bug 98_mud_bug

Member:
    lucedale Ms.
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma sr5/ 06 x-runner
    3 inch suspension lift, night shades corner and blinkers projector headlights with halos and 3 led's 18 inch kmc xd rockstar wheels,275/65/18 kelly safari tsr's, bush whacker fender flares 7 inch touch screen, 2 kenwood 12's, Magnaflow exaust single in dual out,
    there are tons of threads on here about the shifter moving. mine does it too.. maybe not bad enough to go into neutral but it moves alot. search for that topic it shows alot of things to do that can reduce the movement but its gonna do it reguardless

Products Discussed in

To Top