LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

automatic transmission shifter jump?

Old 08-21-2010, 09:29 PM   #1
moderately modded
drifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant future

Name: Sam
drifter's Tacoma Gallery
automatic transmission shifter jump?

the other day while driving up my wash boarded bumpy driveway, i noticed that my shifter was bouncing back and forth between Drive and Neutral. *the red dot was bouncing between the two* Is this common/supposed to happen? If I hit something hard enough would it jump out of gear?

pic of shifter with red dot
Old 08-21-2010, 09:32 PM   #2
Trap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trap's Tacoma Gallery
Don't think it will jump out of gear. Best is look at the dash indicator and see if it's moving there. I have a habit of putting my hand on it in kind of that situation. New one on me though, never heard of it before. Maybe there is a adjustment ? Other trucks have adjustments. Don't know about the Tacoma. If it's just the indicator and not the shifter I would not worry about it.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:39 PM   #3
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
there are tons of threads on here about the shifter moving. mine does it too.. maybe not bad enough to go into neutral but it moves alot. search for that topic it shows alot of things to do that can reduce the movement but its gonna do it reguardless