1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Did an error doing the green wire mod

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by supralight, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Sep 5, 2010 at 5:11 PM
    supralight

supralight [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Earth
    Vehicle:
    2013 4Runner limited
    Quick question here. I was using a drill bit with bare hands to make a start-drill for a hole in the fuse case (to let the wire pass from the harness to the relay). While doing that, my drill bit fell into an open area of a plug, into the ''pan'' (lower section) of the fuse box. I have not found a way to get it back. I have not found a way to open the fuse box. I could see it with a light where it fell 2 days ago, but driving the car surely made it move, now I can't see it anymore.

It has not caused any problem whatsoever, but would like to ask the pros if there is a problem leaving it there. I don't think it will rust or anything since it's protected from hazards, also, I GUESS that the wires there all have a sheat down there. My fear is that the bit make a contact somewhere and damages something, if it is possible.

The drill bit is small, approx #40 size (0.1" dia) by 3" long.

I appreciate.

2. Sep 5, 2010 at 5:15 PM
    Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Indego Ink TRD OR
    Electric Tail Gate Lock, EZ Down + Cable Mod, Galvanized Underbody, DK 9000, CloudRider SS Grill insert. BakFlip HD, Cabin Air Filter mod, Alarm, Zero Rust !
    A super magnet. You can stick it to a screwdriver to make a magnetic pick up. I would be getting it out of there or confirming it has already fell out. No good what so ever will come if you leave it there. Make sure the battery is disconnected when you're fooling around.

3. Sep 5, 2010 at 5:24 PM
    larryde09

larryde09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport, White Double Cab "Yeti"
    Current: DR750S-2CH Dash Cam, USB Fast Charger in stock blank, Hondo Garage phone mount Previous: 2006 Black 2.7L 5-spd SR5 4x4 Access Cab - K&N Cold Air Intake, Modified Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust, Altezza Tail Lights, Pop&Lock Tailgate Lock, Extang Trifecta Tonneau Cover, PIAA foglights with stock switch, DrawTite Hitch, OBX Shift Knob, Hood Protector, Vent Visors, DIY step bars, DIY Bed Lights, DIY Ground Lights, DIY Tailgate Electrical Box, Aftermarket switches in stock dash blanks, Sony Head Unit, Illuminated 4x4 switch mod
    x2...magnet! You might have to push it to one end to get to it...maybe compressed air or parking the truck on a hill would do the trick. It might be ok to leave it there, but I wouldn't risk it...try getting it out of there.

4. Sep 5, 2010 at 5:34 PM
    Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Indego Ink TRD OR
    Electric Tail Gate Lock, EZ Down + Cable Mod, Galvanized Underbody, DK 9000, CloudRider SS Grill insert. BakFlip HD, Cabin Air Filter mod, Alarm, Zero Rust !
    That #40 bit will be easily to about a 200 amp fuse easily if it eventually makes contact in there somehow. You got to fish it out. Or confirm it has indeed fallen out. Just taking the bolts off the fuse box with the battery disconnected and shaking it may lodge it loose or put it in a position where your magnetic pickup can grab it. Fuse boxes, The worst place to loose steel tools.

5. Sep 6, 2010 at 12:37 PM
    supralight

supralight [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Earth
    Vehicle:
    2013 4Runner limited
    Ok thanks for the input. I'll try to find a solution/contain the problem... Hope I won't have to disassemble the fusebox...

Products Discussed in

To Top