LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

who bought the extended warranty for there tacoma

View Poll Results: who bought the extended warranty from the dealer?
Yes 367 58.07%
No 265 41.93%
Voters: 632. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-05-2010, 08:18 PM   #1
Katzo production
leo08pirate has a spectacular aura aboutleo08pirate has a spectacular aura about

Name: Leo
leo08pirate's Tacoma Gallery
who bought the extended warranty for there tacoma

who bought the extended warranty for there tacoma..
Old 09-05-2010, 08:21 PM   #2
o_o
Special_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Eddie
Special_K's Tacoma Gallery
bought my lift instead!!
Old 09-05-2010, 08:29 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I did but honestly I shouldn't have.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:32 PM   #4
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
i did. got a grand off of it. still thinking about canceling it. it will reduce my principal amount but my minimum monthly payments would stay the same so i might as well keep it since i plan on holding onto this truck for awhile. will have it paid off in a year.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:35 PM   #5
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
i did. i got a brand new frame, steering rack and oil pan out of it ...worth it IMO
Old 09-06-2010, 08:17 AM   #6
lasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant future
Navy: Lead PO Submarine Reactor Control Dvision
lasllc's Tacoma Gallery
I did because it has paid off for me on two previous Toys. On my current '09 i waited till the factory ran out then bought in as they offered a grand + off on the contract. If you get one though I think it only makes sense if you get the one that covers the computer stuff also. My last trucks (both 4-runners) it paid out due to trans rebuilds/repairs and computer/electrical problems. Came out ahead on both of them.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:18 AM   #7
Making changes is always fun
TacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack
TacoGK's Tacoma Gallery
I always buy the extended warrenty. some times it will pay for its self and some times it doesnt. it is the chance you take. I would rather have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. JMPO.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:24 AM   #8
2010whitetaco is just really nice2010whitetaco is just really nice2010whitetaco is just really nice2010whitetaco is just really nice

Name: Gaston
2010whitetaco's Tacoma Gallery
nope I have never had any luck with warranty work not being "my fault" so I quit buying them.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:40 AM   #9
swissrallyman is on a distinguished road

swissrallyman's Tacoma Gallery
I got the 200000km 6 year warranty, cost me $1700. According to the salesman it covers anything but brake pads and wiper blades... We'll see!
Old 09-06-2010, 02:12 PM   #10
Tojo is on a distinguished road

Tojo's Tacoma Gallery
i bought the extended warranty
Old 09-06-2010, 02:15 PM   #11
on idiot patrol ;)
SCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Firefighter
Name: Stephan
SCFirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Yup I did and got ripped off. On TN there is a link to an agent selling genuine Toyota warranty for half what your dealer sells it for. The top plan for the longest time is still cheaper than what I paid for mine 6/72k plan

I bought my truck new 4-5 months ago. I don't know how much of a refund I could get but I'm thinking about making a call and finding out. The problem is that the refund would go to the financing company and I would have to pay the new premium out of pocket.

Found it: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=209848
Old 09-06-2010, 02:18 PM   #12
tammikm has a spectacular aura abouttammikm has a spectacular aura about

tammikm's Tacoma Gallery
i did through troy of greenfield toyota 6 yr 160,000 km for $950
Old 09-06-2010, 02:48 PM   #13
Coonass
cjd141985 will become famous soon enough

Name: Christopher
cjd141985's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't. I felt like it was a waste because there is so much that can void the warranty.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:51 PM   #14
Barnone
Barnone's Tacoma Gallery
Kinda surprised that the yes answers are ahead of the no answers.
I've never bought an extended warranty on anything and never needed it but if it makes you more comfortable then go for it.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:51 PM   #15
Coonass
cjd141985 will become famous soon enough

Name: Christopher
cjd141985's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfnTurf View Post
Servco Hawaii offers two options...a non refundable $1500 7 year warranty (which I got on my wife's Toyota) and also a $1800 7 year REFUNDABLE warranty if it's not used, which I got on my truck...so my thinking is I gotta break something on my wife's Toyota, and I gotta pray nothing breaks on mine...

What do you guys think about the refundable option in general?

I never heard of a refundable warranty, but we could have it in Louisiana I just don't know. It sounds good.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:11 PM   #16
Old Sheepdog
Primersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Primersinmyshoe's Tacoma Gallery
Hell no!

If something is going to go wrong it will probably show up during the 3/36 warranty period.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:44 PM   #17
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery

FWIW ... I would only buy the Toyota OEM Platinum Warranty ... and then I would buy it from the guys here on line at a cheaper price than the dealership.

Old 09-06-2010, 03:50 PM   #18
Old Sheepdog
Primersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Primersinmyshoe's Tacoma Gallery
What does the Toyota OEM Platinum Warranty give you?
Old 09-06-2010, 03:55 PM   #19
got_titan is just really nicegot_titan is just really nicegot_titan is just really nicegot_titan is just really nice
got_titan's Tacoma Gallery
Purchased the 6/100,000 mile platinum toyota warranty for 850. I figured I would use it cause I have always needed something before 100,000 miles. Just used my extended warranty on my nissan for 900 and I paid 1200 for that warranty....
Old 09-06-2010, 04:05 PM   #20
scullcrusher
scullcrusher is on a distinguished road
Name: tony
scullcrusher's Tacoma Gallery
owned 13 yotas never!
scullcrusher