LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

4.0L 1GR 2nd Gen Oil Change Guide

Old 01-23-2014, 10:05 AM   #781
FishaRnekEd is one of the sharper tools in the shedFishaRnekEd is one of the sharper tools in the shedFishaRnekEd is one of the sharper tools in the shedFishaRnekEd is one of the sharper tools in the shedFishaRnekEd is one of the sharper tools in the shedFishaRnekEd is one of the sharper tools in the shedFishaRnekEd is one of the sharper tools in the shedFishaRnekEd is one of the sharper tools in the shedFishaRnekEd is one of the sharper tools in the shedFishaRnekEd is one of the sharper tools in the shedFishaRnekEd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
FishaRnekEd's Tacoma Gallery
Get a silver sharpie and write the date/miles/oil brand on the new filter
Old 02-19-2014, 12:00 PM   #782
fenderpicks will become famous soon enoughfenderpicks will become famous soon enough
fenderpicks's Tacoma Gallery
Hey can anyone verify if i bought the correct filter.... I saw some many different part # filter for our truck....

2013 V6 engine
90915-YZZD1
Old 02-19-2014, 12:10 PM   #783
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishaRnekEd View Post
Get a silver sharpie and write the date/miles/oil brand on the new filter
That is how i discovered the local oil change shop didn't replace the filter in my wife's car. I've been doing it myself ever since.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:46 PM   #784
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderpicks View Post
Hey can anyone verify if i bought the correct filter.... I saw some many different part # filter for our truck....

2013 V6 engine
90915-YZZD1
The YZZD1 is for the 2.7L. You got the wrong one. YZZD3 is for the V6.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...ml#post7281538
Old 03-16-2014, 12:19 PM   #785
bra is on a distinguished road

bra's Tacoma Gallery
The country where I live got temperature that never goes under 20 degrees Celsius but can go to 35 degrees Celsius. Should I use Mobil 1 5w40 or 5w30?
Old 03-16-2014, 02:23 PM   #786
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bra View Post
The country where I live got temperature that never goes under 20 degrees Celsius but can go to 35 degrees Celsius. Should I use Mobil 1 5w40 or 5w30?
That's not very hot at all. Gets much warmer than that here in Texas in the summer. I use 5w-30 all year round. I wouldn't worry about changing from the recommended 5w-30.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:14 AM   #787
Dvo is on a distinguished road

Navy: Advanced Hawkeye Radar Tech
Name: Dvo
Dvo's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota has updated their oil filter part number for their 2014 v-6. The part number is 90915-20004. I did put the OEM oil filter, part number 90915-YZZD3 on after measuring it with calipers and physically their the same. I did not however take it apart and check the bypass valve.

Just trying to spread the knowledge....
Old 03-19-2014, 09:26 AM   #788
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvo View Post
Toyota has updated their oil filter part number for their 2014 v-6. The part number is 90915-20004. I did put the OEM oil filter, part number 90915-YZZD3 on after measuring it with calipers and physically their the same. I did not however take it apart and check the bypass valve.

Is the origin of manufacture the same?
Old 03-19-2014, 01:13 PM   #789
Dvo is on a distinguished road

Navy: Advanced Hawkeye Radar Tech
Name: Dvo
Dvo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Is the origin of manufacture the same?
Yes. Everything was identical on the box and on the filter. The only difference was a slight change on the graphics of the oil filter box and the part number.

I have since driven 35-40 miles since my oil change this morning. I have no oil leaking from the pan or the filter mounting bracket and the level is unchanged. No visible or auditory indication that anything was different. When I started the truck afterwards the oil light went out within 1-2 seconds and it's running fine.

I hit the 800 mile mark on my Taco so I switched to synthetic. Mobil 1 5W-30.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:52 PM   #790

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvo View Post

That is not a new part number, that's the part number of the filter that comes on the 4.0L V6 from the factory. Don't know if they've been on there since 2005 but I know that filter has been around for a while, my 2012 came with it. Been using YZZD3 ever since my first oil change though. The 20004s are kind of hard to find I believe.

One thread of many I found using google: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...5-20004-a.html
Old 04-03-2014, 11:18 AM   #791
rocklobster24 is on a distinguished road
Navy: USS RAT
Name: David
rocklobster24's Tacoma Gallery
A lie

That's the truth about lies Just wish my managers realized that.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:27 PM   #792
"Senior", Senior Member
keninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken
keninsb's Tacoma Gallery
?????
Old 04-03-2014, 12:38 PM   #793
The Beginning!
RCOTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Dalton
RCOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone have trouble ACCURATELY reading the dipstick level?
Old 04-04-2014, 12:16 PM   #794
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCOTaco View Post
Does anyone have trouble ACCURATELY reading the dipstick level?
Take the dipstick out, wait ten minutes, then check. Otherwise, its tough to tell.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:21 PM   #795
Failure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
Failure2Comply's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotatacomaTRD View Post
Take the dipstick out, wait ten minutes, then check. Otherwise, its tough to tell.
These are the toughest dipsticks to read a true level on that I have used. I will try your suggestion, thanks.

Products Discussed in this Thread