Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

My 06' Tacoma jerks foward while stopped, any advice?...

Old 07-08-2008, 08:32 PM   #1
mgb2
mbarr is on a distinguished road
mbarr's Tacoma Gallery
My 06' Tacoma jerks foward while stopped, any advice?...

When I come to a stop at a red light, stop sign, turn, etc. my 06' Tacoma jerks foward. It has got progressively worse to the point it has gone from 1 jerk to 2-3 jerks foward at a stop. I've called the toyota dealer and they say it's the a/c restarting and there is nothing they can do about it. Anybody have advice or have had the same experience before I actually take it in to be serviced?
Old 07-08-2008, 08:33 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
If it jerks one time, its the tranny going into first gear. Should happen about 5-15 sec. after stopping. WHy its jerking more, Im not sure.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:39 PM   #4
mgb2
mbarr's Tacoma Gallery
bad enough that when it started I kept looking in my rearview mirror to see if someone ran or bumped into me
Old 07-08-2008, 08:41 PM   #5
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbarr View Post
bad enough that when it started I kept looking in my rearview mirror to see if someone ran or bumped into me
Ok. That would NOT be the tranny downshifting, then. The dealer you talked to is clearly makeing Meath in their shop. Talk to Toyota Customer care. The number is near the back of your manual.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:48 PM   #6
mgb2
mbarr's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, at first I thought it was the transmission shifting into 1st gear and asked the dealer that but they said it was the a/c. Now it's a quick one, two, three jerks with no pauses in the middle. The reason I'm asking for advice is that I have recently lifted and added bigger wheels and tires and I'm pretty sure they'll want to blame it on that if it is the tranny.(I really should have taken it in before I did all that)
Old 07-08-2008, 08:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Yeah, at first I thought it was the transmission shifting into 1st gear and asked the dealer that but they said it was the a/c. Now it's a quick one, two, three jerks with no pauses in the middle. The reason I'm asking for advice is that I have recently lifted and added bigger wheels and tires and I'm pretty sure they'll want to blame it on that if it is the tranny.(I really should have taken it in before I did all that)
They cant blame the lift for that. Call Toyota. That dealer doesnt know what they are talking about. A/C engagement isnt going to be that dramatic.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:52 PM   #8
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
its the a/c people....next time u come to a stop w/ the a/c on, push the brakes harder than u normally do and wait...it shouldnt happen....then after that, do it w/ pressing the brakes just hard enough to stay stopped and it will do it
Old 07-08-2008, 08:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
its the a/c people....next time u come to a stop w/ the a/c on, push the brakes harder than u normally do and wait...it shouldnt happen....then after that, do it w/ pressing the brakes just hard enough to stay stopped and it will do it
Mine doesnt do that at all. I can feel it, but not much. I come to a stop. ease the brake peddle off until it starts to creep. turn on A/C, and not much change. I dont belive A/C is going to be THAT dramatic. I cant even feel mine engauge.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:58 PM   #10
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Besides-this guy aint describing ONE jerk only....THREE with no pauses?? Sounds potentially dangerous
Old 07-08-2008, 08:59 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Besides-this guy aint describing ONE jerk only....THREE with no pauses?? Sounds potentially dangerous
Ditto.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:00 PM   #12
mgb2
mbarr's Tacoma Gallery
The a/c restarting made sense when I first got the truck and when I first started to notice it. However, it still did it this last winter when the a/c wasn't on and it still does it when the fan isn't on all together, but it does it alot more violently when the a/c is on, so now what?
Old 07-08-2008, 09:06 PM   #13
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Seriously-this problem you have has been stated before here. It is a serious safety issue as you well know-please call Toyota that's our best advice!
Old 07-08-2008, 09:11 PM   #14
mgb2
mbarr's Tacoma Gallery
How has it been or is a safety issue in regards to others bringing up the same problem?