Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

HHO/MAF Issues!!

Old 07-09-2008, 05:03 PM   #1
Matthew38 is on a distinguished road
Matthew38's Tacoma Gallery
HHO/MAF Issues!!

I recently had a HHO generator installed on my 97 tacoma. After installation the motor seemed to run more smoothly but I did not notice any performance increase as claimed by some users. Later, I installed a MAF/MAP sensor enhancing device which is supposed to allow the engine to be leaned from the cab while driving. The device has 2 knobs, one for highway and one for city driving, and a switch to change between the 2 modes. Since installing the enhancing device the engine is running rough and has poor top end performance. Adjusting the mixture or switching back and forth between Hwy. and City does nothing. My mechanic says that my truck has a MAF sensor which he has not had much luck using this device. Anyone have any suggestions before I remove it. I am not happy about this because the HHO generator works best with this device installed. People who have MAP sensors have not had problems with the enhancing device. Helpful comments appreciated.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:07 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
the maf is a sensor in ur intake tubing before the throttle body. u should see the wires going to the intake tube...but y its not working right is beyond me
Old 09-16-2014, 12:29 PM   #3
danbis is on a distinguished road
Name: dan
danbis's Tacoma Gallery
I tried the same thing a few years ago. A pain in the ass. The new/modern systems adjust themselves to heat, load, and other variables. Study "EFIE" and "PWM". You can not lean out your fuel unless you enhanse it, Like with a HHO set-up.