Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Dome light problem

Old 07-09-2008, 09:55 PM   #1
TACOROCK is an unknown quantity at this point

TACOROCK's Tacoma Gallery
Dome light problem

OK MY DOME LIGHTS DONT WORK THE SAME ANYMORE. WHEN I HAVE MY LIGHTS SET ON (*DOOR*) THEY DONT TURN OFF WHEN MY DOORS ARE ALL CLOSED... HOWEVER I CAN MANUALLY OPERATE MY LIGHTS INSIDE.. JUST A PAIN BECAUSE WHEN ITS DARK I HAVE TO REACH IN AND TURN THE LIGHTS ON TO SEE! SO IF YOU CAN HELP PLEASE DO .
Old 07-10-2008, 01:27 AM   #2
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOROCK View Post
OK MY DOME LIGHTS DONT WORK THE SAME ANYMORE. WHEN I HAVE MY LIGHTS SET ON (*DOOR*) THEY DONT TURN OFF WHEN MY DOORS ARE ALL CLOSED... HOWEVER I CAN MANUALLY OPERATE MY LIGHTS INSIDE.. JUST A PAIN BECAUSE WHEN ITS DARK I HAVE TO REACH IN AND TURN THE LIGHTS ON TO SEE! SO IF YOU CAN HELP PLEASE DO .
Check the switch at the doors. (this is just a guess, but that is what it sounds like)
Old 07-10-2008, 02:59 AM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Did someone change the switch location on the dome light?

Not exactly sure what your'e referring to - but the dome light has several positions (I think). One of them is to turn on when the doors are opened. OR OFF completely.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:38 PM   #4
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Did someone change the switch location on the dome light?

Not exactly sure what your'e referring to - but the dome light has several positions (I think). One of them is to turn on when the doors are opened. OR OFF completely.

Not the switch on the dome light. But the switch on the door sill. When you close the door there is a switch that is activated to turn off the light.

Door light switch:

Nub on door that pushes switch in:

Either your switch may be bad or the nub could be missing. Or they are not lining up.

I hope this helps.

Good luck,
Sean
Old 07-10-2008, 01:50 PM   #5
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I dont know, but I'm pretty sure typing in all caps doesn't help resolve your issue.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:30 PM   #6
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
I dont know, but I'm pretty sure typing in all caps doesn't help resolve your issue.
it is ok. Some people aren't familar with Netiquette
Old 07-10-2008, 02:41 PM   #7
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer36 View Post
it is ok. Some people aren't familar with Netiquette
It should be mandatory reading.

How do you guys even post in all caps? Every time I try to go all caps when I post it goes to all lower case
Old 07-10-2008, 05:41 PM   #8

Ok who cares if i type in caps

If you dont like it dont read it i think in the 3rd grade you learn the dif between caps and lower case i choose upper case (also known as caps) so that means you wasted your time writing that!!
Old 07-10-2008, 09:11 PM   #9
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Exclamation

Quote:
If you dont like it dont read it i think in the 3rd grade you learn the dif between caps and lower case i choose upper case (also known as caps) so that means you wasted your time writing that!!
+1

If you dont have an answer to the question, why not reply to a thread that you can assist.. or just not reply at all.

Some times I feel like too many members try to show out unecceserilly, and it becomes anoying.

TW rocks when it comes to obtaining usefull info for improving our rides. Let's keep it that way.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:18 PM   #10
MikeS. will become famous soon enough

MikeS.'s Tacoma Gallery
Yep, I'd hate to see this site turn into another TTORA with all the trash talk berating of newer members.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:48 PM   #11
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
I think what 05taco was talking about with caps. On the net when you type all in caps it is a sign that you are yeilling.

It isn't that big of a deal to me. I know that is not what you were doing. Caps may look nicer & is easier to read.

Are you making any progress on your light situation? When you do fix it please let us know what the fix was.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:59 AM   #12
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
+1

If you dont have an answer to the question, why not reply to a thread that you can assist.. or just not reply at all.

Some times I feel like too many members try to show out unecceserilly, and it becomes anoying.

TW rocks when it comes to obtaining usefull info for improving our rides. Let's keep it that way.
Exactly!

People need to read the content and ignore the caps, spelling grammer, etc. I think we all forget that some people are new to computers and new to these forums. We can't critisize them for that - or else they'll never come back.

The one thing I absolutely LOVE about this site - is the fact that we have people here who jump in and DEFEND eachother before the flame wars begin - and that's what keeps people coming back and keeps the peace.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:20 AM   #13

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
If you don't like what I have to say, take your advice and don't read my response.

I stand by my previous statements.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:23 AM   #14

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
LOL I got negative rep from this thread, and they didn't even bother leaving their name.

Edit:

OP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9q2jNjOPdk
Old 07-11-2008, 08:31 AM   #15
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
screw the dome light....u need to get updated pics of the urd s/c and all man...
Old 07-11-2008, 10:06 AM   #16

thanx

Thanks everybody for having my back!!! still nothing on the damn light.. its reall pissin me off!! lol something so simple... damn.. hey hodge i'll get some more pix on her with my new upgrades.. SO PUSHY
Old 07-11-2008, 10:13 AM   #17
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

gotta get some of u smoking those 22's...lol
Old 07-11-2008, 10:17 AM   #19
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
I upgraded my wheel package... Way better... Before it looked kinda ghetto but now its just right
i saw in the other post that u have 36" mud grapplers on there...nice