Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

UltraGauge 1st Gen ABS Issue Fix

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-12-2010, 09:22 PM   #1
Metal Cutter
zero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud of

Name: Will
zero4's Tacoma Gallery
UltraGauge 1st Gen ABS Issue Fix

Posting this here to compile this info from different threads as I know the info may get buried in the GB thread like all the other great info that people miss.

References:
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum...25#post1998825
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ml#post2153065
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...ml#post2164012

snobord552 did a good job at confirming disconnecting pin 14 of the OBDII port does resolve the ABS light issue. He extracted the pin from the port as I suggested so there would not be any permanent modifications.

Another idea I posted is to get an OBDII port extension cable like this: http://www.amazon.com/OBD2Cables-144.../dp/B000SBCHCA

Modify the cable to disconnect pin 14, then you will not have to worry about any permanent modifications to the truck or the UG & still be 100% plug & play.

Now you guys can enjoy your UG like the rest of us. If you need help I'm more than willing or post here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobord552 View Post
ok so take out the two bolts holding the obd port on

then remove that white clip by pulling up on the tabs

bad pic but its the red cable 3rd from the left. (mine is already half way out)

stick a paper clip in the hole to lift the tab thats locking the pin in

with the paperclip still inserted pull the pin out from the top with pliers

then put the white clip back in and screw the port back on. plug in the UG and BAM no more ABS light
Old 09-12-2010, 09:56 PM   #2
JAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
Good job dude! You got mad skillz.

Old 12-16-2010, 10:26 PM   #5
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quick, somewhat stupid question, with the extender cable when looking at it I would be braking off pin 11 so no pin would go into 14? Just making sure before I snap off a pin on this extender cable. I think I'm making this more complicated than it really is...lol

This would be like looking at the extender

This would be like looking at the port on the truck
Old 07-24-2011, 10:03 AM   #6
Norton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 17D4B w/ assignments in AFCC, AFSC, AFMC, AFSPC, AFRC, USAWC, NORAD-USNORTHCOM, USAFA, SAF
Name: Steve
Norton's Tacoma Gallery
I apologize for reviving an ancient thread but, having finally bought an UG and an ODBII extension cable, I want to confirm which pin(s) I need to modify and kmok's pics are no longer showing up.

Based on what I've read here, and in the linked posts, I understand I need to disable connectivity to my truck's (female) ODBII pin 14 which corresponds to the extension cable's (male) ODBII pin 11. Can anyone confirm?

I've also seen anecdotal reports of possible Airbag issues on the truck's (female) ODBII pin 6, which I believe corresponds to the extension cable's (male) ODBII pin 3. Is this really a problem, or can I leave pin 3 intact?
Attached Thumbnails
UltraGauge 1st Gen ABS Issue Fix-car_obd2.bmp  
Old 07-27-2011, 12:17 AM   #9
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRD View Post
I apologize for reviving an ancient thread but, having finally bought an UG and an ODBII extension cable, I want to confirm which pin(s) I need to modify and kmok's pics are no longer showing up.

Based on what I've read here, and in the linked posts, I understand I need to disable connectivity to my truck's (female) ODBII pin 14 which corresponds to the extension cable's (male) ODBII pin 11. Can anyone confirm?

I've also seen anecdotal reports of possible Airbag issues on the truck's (female) ODBII pin 6, which I believe corresponds to the extension cable's (male) ODBII pin 3. Is this really a problem, or can I leave pin 3 intact?
Let me see if I can find those pics or I'll pull my cable out and see which prong I took off.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:24 AM   #10
Plastidipped ma Hootus!

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Pin 11 is correct, that's all I pulled on mine and I've had no issues with it.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:31 PM   #13
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Does this disengage ABS as well?
Old 04-26-2012, 07:27 AM   #16
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
The mod
Old 12-26-2013, 09:14 AM   #18
Eat right, be fit, die anyway
zacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
zacharypaul89's Tacoma Gallery
I hate to revive a dead thread, but I got my Ultragauge for Christmas yesterday and am having some issues connecting it. I connected and rode about a mile and the ABS light didn't come on or anything, but the Ultragauge kept beeping and saying error or something. Also, when I connected it and it scanned, it said there was a 9141 Protocol. I don't know if that's got anything to do with the ABS or what, but when I tried to follow the instructions on this thread, I noticed that my OBDII isn't configured like the one in the pictures. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Old 01-26-2014, 10:37 PM   #19
Purveyor of Useless Info
MedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedicMutt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Paramedic, Certified FFII, Hazmat Ops, Instructor I
Name: Josh
MedicMutt's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd for reference. Getting in on the current GB.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:19 PM   #20
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
UG now makes a cable to deal with this issue.

ISO-9141 & KWP2000 Isolation Cable
$5.95

Products Discussed in this Thread