Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Supercharger.

Old 07-18-2008, 11:11 PM   #1
mneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nice

mneuls's Tacoma Gallery
Supercharger.

Have you guys seen this yet??
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyot...mZ230270785492

but seriously, as you can see in my post, I live in good ol' Canada, where everything is hard to get. It seems the TRD supercharger isn't coming to Canada until late september. My question is this, does anybody know if I can buy one from the states (prob ebay), and then get it installed by a dealer here in Canada, and still keep all warranty and stuff?

If you look at the feedback for that supercharger thing, tons of people have bought one, lol.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:11 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
You dont want one of those. You will get better gains by running 91 octain fuel in your truck. A buddy of mine ran one on a dyno and the gains were insignificant. They were within the margine of error of the dyno. For it to make REAL power, it would drain the battery in minuets.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:16 AM   #3
mneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nice

mneuls's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sorry, you misunderstand. I am talking about the actual trd supercharger for my truck. I am making fun of the crappy little leaf blower supercharger.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:20 AM   #4
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
I have a hard time believing a supercharger is only $35(ebay one).

Also Toyota won't put on an aftermarket supercharger. TRD Supercharger kit over 2K.

http://www.google.com/products?q=toy...um=11&ct=title
Old 07-19-2008, 01:27 AM   #5

mneuls's Tacoma Gallery
lol. Ok guys. seriosly. I don't want the crappy supercharger thing. If you look real close in my first post, I said trd supercharger. I only posted the crappy electric "supercharger" because I though it was funny that people would actually buy it.

So...

In Canada, where I live, I cannot purchase a TRD supercharger (~$4000). I cannot do so, because the toyota dealers cannot get it until late september, when the TRD supercharger comes to Canada. I am wondering if I can purchase it from ebay (the $4000 one, real TRD) and get my local toyota dealer (in canada) to install it, keeping all warranty intact.

Sorry for the confusion.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:27 AM   #6
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
I would think it would still be under warranty. Best to ask the Toyota Dealer. Your truck may have some slight differences than one in the US. That might be the reason that you can't get one now; Toyota may be working out any kinks. Or Canadian regulations preventing them until Sept.
I know when I bought my 05 in 05, the supercharger was an option.