1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just left the stealership and now i have a question?

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by 05tacoSPORT, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Oct 7, 2010 at 5:56 PM
    05tacoSPORT

05tacoSPORT [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT
    Geared and Locked
    So i took the truck by Toyota and they serviced the tranny, Replaced the seals in the front diff, fixed the turbo sound with a new idler pulley and put in a new power steering rack and pinion/with tie rod ends. My question is should the alignment done again?

2. Oct 7, 2010 at 6:02 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    do you have the lifetime one from firestone?

I would just get it done since you replaced all those worn parts and that probably moved things around.

3. Oct 7, 2010 at 6:07 PM
    05tacoSPORT

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT
    Geared and Locked
    do you have the lifetime one from firestone?
    NOPE I WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR IT \ /

4. Oct 7, 2010 at 6:16 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I would get one anyways. Worn steering part replaced with new- Chances are stuff isn't lined up the same any more...Did you check the paperwork to make sure they didn't do one already??

5. Oct 7, 2010 at 6:19 PM
    05tacoSPORT

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT
    Geared and Locked
    no i didn't. Most was under warranty and it was a pain in the butt to get them to do the work they did.

6. Oct 7, 2010 at 6:20 PM
    Snowman

Snowman I have a problem for your solution…

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Somewhere in Canada
    Vehicle:
    Check out my build
    They didnt do one? or at least offer to do one? Thats kind of a no brainer on their part...

7. Oct 7, 2010 at 6:21 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Do you have the paperwork?? That the place to start. If they did not- The lifetime deal from Friestone has done good by me!!

8. Oct 7, 2010 at 6:24 PM
    05tacoSPORT

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT
    Geared and Locked
    How much is the firestone lifetime alignment And i will check the paperwork asap

9. Oct 7, 2010 at 6:27 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    I got mine for about 135. It's lifetime you own the truck, as often as you want. I took mine in about 4 times in a month when I did my lift.

10. Oct 7, 2010 at 6:29 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    I have it too and intend on using it with every tire rotation. I had them do it twice in the first month after the lift and they got the caster pretty good for having stock UCA's. I think its totally worth it.

11. Oct 7, 2010 at 7:14 PM
    Snowman

Snowman I have a problem for your solution…

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Somewhere in Canada
    Vehicle:
    Check out my build
    I wish they had that up here. Gets pretty rough at $50-$100 a pop.

12. Oct 7, 2010 at 8:19 PM
    DocBrown86

DocBrown86 Yota Doc

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    San Diego (Spring Valley)
    Vehicle:
    04 Prerunner
    toytec coil spacers, tokicko struts/dubcab springs, energy suspension rack bushings, bilstien hd shocks, K&N FIPK2, Flowmaster 50DF, ScanGuage2, 5000k HID's, horn mod, other stuff that I forgot to list
    They most likely re-aligned your truck.

If they didnt, you would have probably noticed your steering wheel slightly off center.

Products Discussed in

To Top