Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

lights help

Old 07-20-2008, 03:19 PM   #1
altifron is on a distinguished road

altifron's Tacoma Gallery
lights help

alright well i want to see if someone on here can help me out b4 i take it to an shop
problem when i bought the truck i couldnt turn my fog lights on unless i had my full lights on, i had not day time running lights and my tail lights would be on constant
is there somehow a way i can have fuction of my fog lights and tail lights when i put the truck light switch in the middle position on the leaver? or do my full lights have to be on in order to use the fogs and tails
Old 07-20-2008, 03:43 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Its normal for the fog lights to only come on when the headlights are on.
PeitcedTiger has this mod that works VERY well:

Foglights on anytime
Several ways to do this, but this one was the easiest for me, and I haven't had them come on 4-hours after turning the ignition off like other methods cause. Apparently at least one other method ties into some ignition or emissions circuit that turns on 4 hours after the truck is turned off to deal with emissions so the fogs come on for a few minutes. I parked in front of my living room window for a year after doing this and never saw them come on once so.....

Tools/items needed:
  • wire stripper
  • 1 quick splice
  • 1 female blade connector
  • 6" of wire
  • drill/bit same diameter as wire
  • shrink tube/electrical tape to reinforce crimp connection (optional)
  1. Locate the green wire on the plug in the pic
  2. splice into it
  3. run the wire to the fog light relay through a hole to keep it low and not hit the cover
  4. crimp on the female blade connector onto the wire
  5. pull the fog relay and bend the terminal in the pic to the side
  6. put the female blade connector onto the bent terminal on the fog relay
  7. replace fog relay