1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

misfire and overheating

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by mcight, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Oct 9, 2010 at 11:22 AM
    mcight

mcight [OP] New Member

Member:
    va
    Vehicle:
    96 tacoma sr5
    sony cd player, infinity door speakers, flowmaster 40 muffler, and whatever package has the sun roof and push button 4 wheel drive from toyota
    recently i have been having some problems. lets start with the random over heating that occurs whenever it wants to. esp when i stay stopped for a long enough time. replaced the radiator, rad hoses, and the thermostat. slowed down the problem but didnt really fix it. a new problem that i have run into is a misfire. i replaced the plugs and wires but still had a miss on cylinder 3. so i replaced the coil pack and that didnt help. i have noticed that when the truck warms up, the mis comes back. i am kinda thinking it might be the head gasket, but there is no way to tell as there is no oil in the anti freeze or vice versa. im thinking that cylinder 3 is being flooded down with antifreeze when it warms up,and it also smokes when its warm. someone please help me

2. Oct 9, 2010 at 11:24 AM
    mcight

mcight [OP] New Member

Member:
    va
    Vehicle:
    96 tacoma sr5
    sony cd player, infinity door speakers, flowmaster 40 muffler, and whatever package has the sun roof and push button 4 wheel drive from toyota
    forgot to mention what i drive haha. 1996 toyota tacoma sr5 "5vz-fe" manual transmission, 4wd.

Products Discussed in

To Top