1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Resetting the ECM

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by RELLIM, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Oct 10, 2010 at 6:02 PM
    RELLIM

RELLIM [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    IOWA CITY IA
    Vehicle:
    2010 ACC CAB 4X4 V6 SR5 TRD
    Scan Gauge II, AFE air filter, charcoal intake filter delete Fitch Fuel Catalyst, Alpine iDA-X303, AMS OIL (ENGINE) Bilstein 5100 RHA series
    Is there a way to reset the ECM without pulling a battery lead?

2. Oct 10, 2010 at 6:04 PM
    rcbs204

rcbs204 Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
  3. Oct 16, 2010 at 8:04 AM
    RELLIM

RELLIM [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    IOWA CITY IA
    Vehicle:
    2010 ACC CAB 4X4 V6 SR5 TRD
    Scan Gauge II, AFE air filter, charcoal intake filter delete Fitch Fuel Catalyst, Alpine iDA-X303, AMS OIL (ENGINE) Bilstein 5100 RHA series
    There is no fuses.. Like on the Chevy Colorado fuse box you could pull the Ecm-I fuse and it would reset the learned parameters.

Its like when you put a new free flow exhaust or intake on, you need to reset the ecm so it can re-learn how to breathe. An your telling me there is no fuse that will do that for me..

pulling the batt cable does everything including the radio...like you already knew that..:rolleyes:

4. Apr 15, 2013 at 4:16 PM
    grandpapacker

grandpapacker Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Chesapeake,Va
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Club Cab extended bed 4X4 V6
    Added weston running bds.,added chrome Bull Bar,added In-Channel Ventvisors Added outdoor temperature reading device using sensor mounted in grill,installed Tri-Fold Tonneau cover on truck bed
    I saw online that you could pull the ECM fuse and keep it out for 2 to 3 mins.I could not find a fuse labeled ECM.I did find an EFI fuse and an EFI2 fuse in the small blk box under the hood.This box is on the drivers side about half way up towards the windshield.I thought that EFI was synonamous with ECM.I pulled both EFI fuses and the codes did not reset.I also tried disc the + battery terminal to no avail.Good luck,my saga continues!

Products Discussed in

To Top