Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

This is CRAZY!!!

Old 07-21-2008, 11:26 AM   #1
branct06 has a spectacular aura aboutbranct06 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Thomas
branct06's Tacoma Gallery
This is CRAZY!!!

so one of my buddies got one of the new ford superduties, and he went in for his first oil change, he asked them how long it would take and they told him 2 hrs, he thought that was a little long but when he came back he found out why. it turns out that ford has packed their new diesel so tightly that you have to take the cab off the truck to do any work on it!!!!!!! even something as simple as changing the oil!!!!! after they changed his oil he asked the dealer how soon he could trade it in......... What was ford thinking?????
Old 07-21-2008, 11:34 AM   #2
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
Now that's funny!
Old 07-21-2008, 11:35 AM   #3
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
hahahahaha. they need the money so badly that they make the customer go back to get the oil change, wowowowow
Old 07-21-2008, 11:36 AM   #4
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
hahahahaha. they need the money so badly that they make the customer go back to get the oil change, wowowowow
Yeah, I wonder what the technicians would say if you pulled up to an Express Oil Change in one of those?
Old 07-21-2008, 11:37 AM   #5
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
Yeah, I wonder what the technicians would say if you pulled up to an Express Oil Change in one of those?

"wtf is this!!! were charging labor for ur ass!"
Old 07-21-2008, 11:39 AM   #6
branct06 has a spectacular aura aboutbranct06 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Thomas
branct06's Tacoma Gallery
its crazy he said they made quick latches on the bottom of the cab, just undo them and the cab will lift right off......... ya im sure its just that easy
Old 07-21-2008, 07:32 PM   #7
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
I just witnessed this last week. It was very strange looking. My son took his Contour to a local Ford shop (not the dealer) to get some routine work done. I took him to pick it up. As we were waiting for our turn the boy noticed a large Ford truck in the service bay with the entire body raised to the ceiling. I asked the guy what was up with that truck. As if it was a routine, daily event, he said "Oh, we take the body off those for almost any service. They are designed that way." Weird...
Old 07-21-2008, 07:38 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
shitty move by ford there.......or well, maybe shitty move by customer by buying the thing. i guarantee though.....if you have the money to buy a new superduty.......kinda like having a ferrari.......you got the money to have service done on that.....no matter how retarded it is to do on it!!
Old 07-21-2008, 08:08 PM   #9
Northern Alliance: padawan
RoadKill is on a distinguished road

RoadKill's Tacoma Gallery
It could be nice for a quick body lift tho.. must have some advantage.. lol
Old 07-21-2008, 08:13 PM   #10
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I would LOVE to be able to easily pull the body off my truck to work on it. I think I need to get a hoist!
Old 07-22-2008, 10:53 AM   #11
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by branct06 View Post
so one of my buddies got one of the new ford superduties, and he went in for his first oil change, he asked them how long it would take and they told him 2 hrs, he thought that was a little long but when he came back he found out why. it turns out that ford has packed their new diesel so tightly that you have to take the cab off the truck to do any work on it!!!!!!! even something as simple as changing the oil!!!!! after they changed his oil he asked the dealer how soon he could trade it in......... What was ford thinking?????
You know anywhere I can find a picture where this is happening? Some friends from work think I'm full of sh** and I want to prove them wrong. A brief Google search didn't help.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:05 AM   #12
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
i was looking for a video about the subject and i found this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v36MCcRPRTc
Old 07-22-2008, 11:12 AM   #13

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
i was looking for a video about the subject and i found this
I found the same video! Why would they recall for that? They should add that to their commercials!
Old 07-24-2008, 07:52 PM   #16
Northern Alliance: padawan
RoadKill is on a distinguished road

RoadKill's Tacoma Gallery
oh wow... mobile torch cutting/welding unit for offroading....
Old 07-24-2008, 08:53 PM   #17
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Is that ticking sound from the engine??? Nice flamethrower too!!!
Old 07-24-2008, 09:16 PM   #18
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
Is that ticking sound from the engine??? Nice flamethrower too!!!
i think the ticking is from the igniter's for the flamethrower pipes!! what it sounds like to me anyway.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:14 AM   #19
CenTex Honky
drifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrifter379 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drifter379's Tacoma Gallery
Some hot roders will put a spark plug in the exaust pipe to ignite exhaust to shoot flames. Nothing special really.

http://www.eatmyflames.com/?gclid=CN...FRpN5Qod9TSpHA
Old 03-29-2009, 01:23 AM   #20
Butler_Geek is a splendid one to beholdButler_Geek is a splendid one to beholdButler_Geek is a splendid one to beholdButler_Geek is a splendid one to beholdButler_Geek is a splendid one to beholdButler_Geek is a splendid one to beholdButler_Geek is a splendid one to beholdButler_Geek is a splendid one to behold
Marines: like to kill
Butler_Geek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter379 View Post
Some hot roders will put a spark plug in the exaust pipe to ignite exhaust to shoot flames. Nothing special really.

http://www.eatmyflames.com/?gclid=CN...FRpN5Qod9TSpHA
Uh...no. The injector is stuck open and dumping raw fuel into the exhaust. Not a good thing, any wonder why domestic manufacturers are failing?