Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Suspension noise+dealer fix= FELT

Old 07-21-2008, 09:26 PM   #1
tipilot is on a distinguished road
tipilot's Tacoma Gallery
Suspension noise+dealer fix= FELT

Hello all,
Have a question to anyone that can shed some light.........I just had my TRD off road prerunner 2008 w/1700 miles in-service because of a noise. The front right coil assembly/bushing was making a noise when truck was cycled up and down. The service receipt stated that a piece of plastic was missing on the inside coil and was isolated with FELT to remedy the noise. What! New truck and is rigged with FELT. Anyone.....................
Old 07-21-2008, 09:35 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipilot View Post
Hello all,
Have a question to anyone that can shed some light.........I just had my TRD off road prerunner 2008 w/1700 miles in-service because of a noise. The front right coil assembly/bushing was making a noise when truck was cycled up and down. The service receipt stated that a piece of plastic was missing on the inside coil and was isolated with FELT to remedy the noise. What! New truck and is rigged with FELT. Anyone.....................
id take a look at it and see if they actually did that. if so..........i'd be going back and telling them that aint gonna work. it would be nothing for them to put a new set of struts on for ya!! hell, if it was me...........i'd pull that felt crap off anyway.......that only a bandaid!!