LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Sway Bar Connected Vs. Disconnected With an Interesting Observation

Old 10-18-2010, 07:03 PM   #41
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
don't bother.... it doesn't work.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:23 PM   #43
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire931 View Post
don't bother.... it doesn't work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
It won't swing up and out the way steering is what limits it from swinging up
Thanks for confirming. So that leaves three options-completely on, completely off, or some contraption like the one Chris posted.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:02 PM   #44
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
If you have quality aftermarket coil overs, I'd just remove it.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:22 PM   #45
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I may remove when I go to the stiffer OME springs with the bumper and skid I have now it is starting to get a bit too soft so when I add the winch and the next twp skids it will need the 886 springs.
I will miss it as well cuz I like the corners on the street too!!
Old 10-19-2010, 09:22 PM   #46
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
I have a number of friends that have removed them (and most all of them have 2.5 coilovers). I still get everywhere they get but I still think it's funny as they sway through the mountain roads when we're going to the trail.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:35 PM   #47
ibengineer will become famous soon enoughibengineer will become famous soon enough
ibengineer's Tacoma Gallery
I honestly don't notice that much sway with it off - but I DO notice that my tires are in contact with the ground more over rough terrain.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:38 PM   #48
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
My mid travel is going on this weekend and im really considering it
Old 10-21-2010, 02:45 PM   #49
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^ my suspension is stock and my sway bar is long gone.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:00 PM   #50
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbah57 View Post
^^^^ my suspension is stock and my sway bar is long gone.
ahhh, well im going to try it both ways and if I feel safe without it I may try it for a little bit.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:26 PM   #51
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
i took mine off and have had to make a fast maneuver, it had a bit more body roll but not once did i feel unsafe.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:10 AM   #52
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Since Chris didn't post his source, here you go

The guy who designed this CANNOT be contacted, has completely given up building them, and I think he even has a patent so you can't build it either without some legal hoops... but that may have been just a rumor. It's just totally baffled me that someone like ARB or similar company hasn't bothered with doing something like this. It's baffled me more that a big company didn't buy the design, either, like with the story of the Bandi mount
Old 11-14-2010, 11:24 AM   #53
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pd3 View Post
Hell with the sway bar....get some tire's!
It's my next goal, I just need to come up with $2k
Old 11-14-2010, 11:29 AM   #54
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenmunga View Post
It's my next goal, I just need to come up with $2k

What tires are you buying?
Old 11-14-2010, 12:13 PM   #56
Nuggety

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
What tires are you buying?
I haven't totally thought through my transition, but basic idea:

Light Racing UCA's $450
Some cheap aluminum wheels $550
BFG AT 285's $764

That's a price tag of $1,764 without a spare tire . Later I will probably add some MT's on steels, adding $890.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:19 PM   #57
Nuggety

Those are all 1st gen solutions.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:21 PM   #58
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I haven't totally thought through my transition, but basic idea:

Light Racing UCA's $450
Some cheap aluminum wheels $550
BFG AT 285's $764

That's a price tag of $1,764 without a spare tire . Later I will probably add some MT's on steels, adding $890.
Save money, buy final solution first.

Watch BST forum on here for good deals on shit you're going to tear up (example: I traded for my wheels for free).
Old 11-14-2010, 01:53 PM   #59
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
just take the dam thing off. i love mine with out
Old 11-14-2010, 06:51 PM   #60
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Since Chris didn't post his source, here you go

The guy who designed this CANNOT be contacted, has completely given up building them, and I think he even has a patent so you can't build it either without some legal hoops... but that may have been just a rumor. It's just totally baffled me that someone like ARB or similar company hasn't bothered with doing something like this. It's baffled me more that a big company didn't buy the design, either, like with the story of the Bandi mount
That's interesting. Thanks for posting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pd3 View Post
Hell with the sway bar....get some tire's!
me?