LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Dealer Front end alignment

Old 10-28-2010, 09:25 AM   #1
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
Dealer Front end alignment

Can you get a decent front end alignment at the Toyota dealer after a new set of front coils (OEM 881) and Bilstiens 5100's set @ 0, my truck does not wander or pull, tracks straight but,I am considering a alignment, and not sure about useung the dealer or a franchise repair shop.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:38 AM   #2
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by twfsa View Post
Can you get a decent front end alignment at the Toyota dealer after a new set of front coils (OEM 881) and Bilstiens 5100's set @ 0, my truck does not wander or pull, tracks straight but,I am considering a alignment, and not sure about useung the dealer or a franchise repair shop.
After my lift, I had a private shop do the aligment, but later went to the dealer for the lower ball joint recall, which included an alignment. The alignment is fine, but they noted that they could not get caster to spec because of the aftermarket suspension. No problems, though. But this really may be a shop-by-shop issue. Depends who is doing the alignment, not what patch is on the shirt.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:42 AM   #3
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
My dealer does a great job and I usually take it there for alignments. It's usually like $78 which is what I was paying at another place I was using before the dealer, except now the drive is closer and the dealer takes me home for free while they work on the truck.

If you have it set at 0 and it tracks straight you MAY not need it. I just installed a 3/4" lift spacer on my FJ and it tracked straight and all but I still took it in to be sure (just got new tires recently and didn't want uneven wear). Turns out it didn't need an alignment despite the spacer, everybjng was still in spec.